What part of MacRumors do you like the most

Discussion in 'Community' started by mr.w, Jun 11, 2002.

1. mr.w macrumors regular

I've been apart of the macrumors family for about a month and a half now, and I am very pleased with what I have seen.

The website is awsome: you can do just about anything. see who is online, check user profiles, see the latest rumors, talk to strangers about world politics, make friends, help people with problems ... the possibilities are endless.

But I must say the best (or worst however you look at it) thing about macrumors is the addiction I fell. Posting has almost become a game. I want to become a more powerful member in the community. MacRumors is like an emulator for life, a quest of sorts. To get to where you really want to be, you have to jump through hoops and be around a while, and throughout the whole process you attain a great deal of knowledge as well. I guess that's what keeps me comming.

2. Dignan macrumors 6502a

Dignan

Personally...I like the "Short Films" thread...

3. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

I think the community that is developing here is really good. Oh, that and the private forums.

....you know you want to....

4. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

(Sappy '50's music)

" I like this swell shiney new Mug!!! It came with Demi-God status and getting all these freaks off my back!!":D :D

(ROTFLMAO!!!)

5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: (Sappy '50's music)

hey who are u calling freak....pie-boy? :D

what do I like?

hmm...I think the best thing so far has been the friends I feel like I've made...it's honestly been really cool to get to know a lot of u guys...and meeting some of ya'll (yes I'm from the south, but not a hick like jello) at Geek Fest next month...

oh...and having a stalker is pretty flattering...;)

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

wow, you actually posted outside that thread, there is hope for you yet....

the sense of community and the friends I've made here over the past 6 months are great. So much has changed since I became a member and it just seems to keep getting better. The potential for contests is also quite cool, but I know exactly what you mean by the addiction - my post count is proof enough.

7. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

I also think the community that we have here is leading to some very good things. We are actually coming together for a party in New Orleans, and we have talks of future areas as well coming into play. We just have to keep supporting the site. That is key.

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I'll hopefully be at them all too... ;)

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

well, lets see how this one goes before we start talking about the next one. I'm looking forward to meeting my fellow geeks, it really should be a lot of fun.

10. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

I am going to try. Having the wife in school and the baby, it is going to be hard. Hey eye, if you do go to any up north and you drive, can I hitch a ride? You know with XM radio, it is a matter of time before they have XM internet from your car. Now, that will be sweet. I want to make a trip to an Apple store. Hey eye. Come this way, and lets head to Memphis and visit the Germantown store!!!!

11. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I'd love to man...but I have the feeling if I'm going anywhere further than what I'll be doing this weekend I'll be flying...but we'll see...I got props for ya man... ;)

ah...Germantown...been there....quite boring...but the Have a Nice Day Cafe on Beale St. was pretty cool...kinda disco-retro...weak drinks though...

were they ever able to put up the lit Apple sign??

12. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

My wife works for XM - did you know that? We've got one, its friggin awesome. The internet part might take a while though, the data rate might be a little slow too. And it probably wouldn't be XM serving it up, but the technology is there.

13. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

My friends buddy is the manager there. That is why I want to go to that store. Yea, I think they did. In fact the last time I talked to my buddy, he said everytime they have promotions and stuff they just pay the fine. They don't care, you know.

14. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

that is so stupid man...just get over yourselves and change the f***ing law...how dumb :rolleyes:

are the fines stiff do u know?

15. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

since becoming a demi-god i've found a new love for the contributer areas. its fun to just listen to jello and teabgs duke it out (no pun intended Duke) personally it has made the price of the mug well worth it to see what these guys say about eachother in private.
    -royal

16. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

ah...it's a bit scary though...I mean..u see what goes on in the public areas...just imagine what goes down in the "private" rooms...he he he ;)

17. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Totally agreed. The private forum is probably my favourite part of MR, if only because you can talk about people behind their backs ;)

The Community Discussion is the most fun though, by far.

18. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I enjoy the bizzarre events that occasionally occur and the obligatory flamings that ensue.

19. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

I liked macrumors better befoe Jello got here.....;)

seriously though The best part by far is the Private Forums.....

That and not having to guess what DGVPG means and getting to taunt all youse guys...NOOCH!

I also like the community thats being created here....its like the family I never wanted, and wish would go away....hehehe just kidding...

I like the fact that we get to see geeks in drag ;) and have monkeys running loose around here....Snoogans!

20. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

mr.w - I'm glad you like the site...

demigods - you don't have to peddle the mugs in every thread... ;)

arn

21. King Cobra macrumors 603

I find lots of parts of macrumors enjoyable. I like the general interaction, the reasonable rumors, and of course, the occassional comical statements that I think keep some of the guests coming back for more.

I am looking into racking up the money for a mug and finding out what the fuss is all about. (I'd rather find out myself... :))

But I think that the best part for me on the forums is just trying to get into regular discussions about Apple, Macs, etc. I have been in other discussions, which are cool. I did find the site probably even more interactive for me when I signed up for the Flame 'Em and Burn 'Em division. :D

However, it's sad that I can't enjoy the forums as much as I want to (yeah, I want more than 7 posts a day) because of all the classes and other stuff I have to get through. But, when I do get the chance, a solid interaction will keep me going for a while.

Fear the King.

22. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

we like pimpin' your s*** arn
    and becides it gives us something to taunt the other members about.
    -royal

23. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

This site IS addictive, but since Ive switched jobs, I cant get on anymore except in my spare time and at night. Yet, however, I always find myself coming back to see what insanity is brewing among the MR faithful....

24. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm hooked, but I want to know where your movie is.....

25. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Now you can see how weird we all get at night.