What percent of people who own macs own iPods.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iWinnipegger, Dec 17, 2006.

1. iWinnipegger macrumors regular

i thought this would be interesting to see,
    How many people who use a mac DON'T own an iPod,??
    Has someone done a survey or is there already a figure out there?
    I think it'd be pretty cool to see the number of people u have macs but not iPods, just a thought..

(BTW i wasn't sure where to put this thread so i put it here)

2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

About half [of the people I know]. I and oner other person aquired nanos recently, one has a photo. The others don't have an iPod at all.

3. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

I'm sure it's way more Macs than iPods, since Macs have been around for nearly 23 years.

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I have both a Mac and an iPod. Although I did have just a Mac until June 2006.

5. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Everyone, direct your attention to this thread which will survey MR users.

6. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

I think that of the people that own Macs and MP3 players, about 100% of those are iPods...

7. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Try the community section, and add a poll :D

I have both.

8. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

That's because its about damn near impossible to find an mp3 player that will work with a mac besides an ipod. Ditto for a webcam. Probably near 100% of people with a webcam and mac have an isight.

I realize apple wants to push their products but its almost to the point of being proprietary with accessories.

9. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

10. macg4 macrumors 6502a

macg4

well if it counts, my girlfriend has an ipod mini and no macs :)

11. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

i did buy two ipods for friends, but don't hold one for myself currently.

i m sure apple has the data, and yes, its a interesting topic.

12. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

i bought an iPod and liked it so much that I bought a mac.

13. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

yes. iPod owner are 3 times likely to buy a mac, around 23%.

14. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

i have 2 ipods

30gb vid ipod and a 2gb nano

(along with the mbp)

15. matticus008 macrumors 68040

matticus008

There's nothing stopping anyone from selling competing products. No one chooses to--it has nothing to do with Apple, though.

16. janitorC7 macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

I would have to say, most people who own consumer line macs proally own an ipod, cant be so sure about the pros

17. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

After Christmas we will have 6 ipods in our house.

I bought a 10gb version years ago, well before I ever contemplated getting a mac computer.

Wife has 30gb video.

13yr old son bought a 1gb nano with his birthday money back in May.

Bought my 7yr old son a 1gb refurb nano for Christmas.

Bought my 5yr old son a 512mb refurb shuffle for Christmas.

And just bought myself a 2gb refurb nano and nike+ipod kit.

I'd like to pick up a 30gb video for myself to replace my old 2nd gen 10gb model (which is for sale in the marketplace if you are interested :) )

18. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

it was the iPod that convinced my parents to switch. they figured that the iPod was so easy to use so a Mac couldn't be much more difficult. i suppose they fell right into Apple's marketing trap :rolleyes:

i've known i wanted a Mac since before i got my iPod but i didn't make the switch until after i got my first iPod.

ALL of the Mac owners i know have iPods. about 75% of Windows users i know have iPods; there are a few that refuse to give in.

19. Canerican macrumors regular

I have a Mac and an iPod... for the money iPods have the most features and they definatly win the style award.

20. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I had an inverse gateway drug effect... I had some songs in Real or something like that on my Windows PC, but it wasn't until I got my iBook and put everything I owned in iTunes, and realized that the whole thing could be in my iPod, that I started really wanting an iPod. And I bought mine a few months later.

I guess I might be locked in... but (1) at that time, three years ago, selection of competing products with the hard drive iPods was pretty scrawny, and (2) I've felt pretty minimal desire to upgrade since then, so why should I go and buy a non-Apple player just to prove I'm not obsessed with Apple?

21. Hadley macrumors member

I dont own an ipod. Im not a big fan of them (in principal). I think they work great; my best friend has a 30 gb that he uses in his car, and i love how simple it works. But it sickens me walking around town (center city philadelphia) and seeing everyone shelled up in their own ipod driven world. I guess I mainly dont like mp3 players in general because they seem to be eliminating human contact to some extent.

22. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

So do you often just walk up to a complete stranger and strike up a conversation?? I don't. I'm not sure why seeing someone with an ipod in public would make you think they are anti-social or something. But we're all different.

23. -::ubermann::- macrumors regular

i dont have an ipod, but i need a usb memory, maybe ill buy an ipod, the problem is that im not sure about if i load it with files i could download them in a pc or linux and viceversa
    if not, ill buy some chinese brand mp3

24. Hadley macrumors member

people are just completely oblivious to their surroundings, and ive seen more than a few instances when they arent paying attention to other people or cars and walk into someone or nearly walk into a car

I also find it very rude when people dont even have the decency to take out their earbuds when they are in a store getting coffee or buying something. It really bothers me when someone is ordering coffee or food and the person behind the counter has to speak over the customer's music.