What really happened at Roswell.

Discussion in 'Community' started by coolocity, Aug 19, 2002.

1. coolocity macrumors regular

2. MacMaster macrumors 6502

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Actually some of that stuff is pretty crazy and interesting read, but its all crap, for one major reason - if you really want to see anything good, the evidence and such, is all something you have to buy. Although there are a few links to google searches interspersed amongst the links.

4. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Only time will tell whether we've been visited by aliens or not. Maybe in 100 years there'll be documentaries talking about how the US government covered everything up with interviews with the descendants of the aliens who died in Roswell...Then again, maybe not :D

5. Quark macrumors regular

The people recovered from the crashes that took place outside of Roswell weren't alien bodies.

They were the time travellers I mentioned in previous posts in the thread having to do with Alien Abductions in the USA.

That is not to say that there aren't aliens from other planets visiting us, there are, but they weren't the ones that crashed outside Roswell.

Quark

6. kungfu macrumors regular

i bet you were listening to art bell on coast to coast am... that show is great! heheh... if i'm up at 2 am (or whenever it is) I'll listen to it sometimes. it's always going on about aliens and other odd things. great show to listen to if you can't get to sleep.

kungfu

7. Wildcat macrumors regular

I had a relative that was in the military at roswell. Anyway my grandmother asked him about it and he wouldnt say what happened, just that something wierd did happen.

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

9. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

im sorry about the way im putting this.. but is he still alive..?

10. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Here ya go...

Just before my grandfather died 4 years ago, he began to tell us things about his life that he wanted to get out before he passed. He had always been very quiet, and this was the first time I ever heard him talk at length in my whole life (I was 25 when he died). Most of it is about the farm and not to sell everything and family, and then a week before he died, he began to talk about Roswell. We figured he was hallucinating, or the a TV show had stuck in his mind and he was now incorporating it into his life, you get the picture.

Well, anyway, he tells us that he was a member of OSS and later the FBI before my father was born (1948). My grandmother told us he was making this up because he was never in those groups, and in 1946-48 he was working on the railroad in Utah (Union Pacific I think, and she and the family lived in Iowa). We ignored it, and he told us about the Roswell incident and that he was on the recovery and cover-up team for the Government, and that there was more to it than the movies and books are getting.

We ignored the whole incident as senility, and he passed later that week. When it came time for the funeral arrangements to be finalized, my grandmother and father were shocked to find that the funeral was being paid for by the U.S. military, even thought my grandmother never knew he was in the service.

There ya go.

Gus

11. Wildcat macrumors regular

Im not sure. I have never met him. Just somthing my grandmother told me once.

12. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

13. Dr_Floyd macrumors member

Man I listen to coast to coast all the time, its a pretty good show. Some of the topics are in left field but most of them are pretty close to accurate. It's entertaining either way :)

14. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i do believe in life on other planets...but is the life intelligent?

would they have the technology, any of them, to come to earth?

and did they come to rosewell in the 40s?

and if they did, would the us govt cover it up, and do such a poor job at it?

personally, i don't believe anything happened there from what i have read...maybe the hoaxers killed the evidence with their wild stories

15. Quark macrumors regular

Huh? They did do a good job of covering it up, misinformation after misinformation.

99% of the people still don't know what really happened. Of course now most of the evidence is either destroyed or hidden.

Quark

16. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i think if the government did a good job at it, then roswell wouldn't be a household name

next, they will come up with a roswell soda or rosewell happy meal at mcd's with a free alien autopsy plastic figurine;)

17. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

We will never know whats the real deal but UFOs might be only flying saucers made by US government with original purposs to spy on russians (russians used sattelites). They experimented with antigrav technology long time ago.
    As for evoluated humans from future,i think thats BS,althought they seem like evoluated asians.. Considering that comet may erase USA and Europe in 2080 it seems possible.
    Check out that girl from System of a Down - Aerials video,she looks like human/gray hybrid..or trans-human.

18. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

you mean to say that a comet will wipe out the us and europe in eighty years and that the aliens are asians from the future visiting us now and perhaps trying to warn or help us to avoid the coming disaster in 2080?

next time i see a saucer, i will see if it's a kawasaki or a suzuki...man, this will bring back alphatech;)

19. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

I am not making that up,I saw 2080 comet thing on TV few days ago.
    If aliens are asians from future,that doesnt mean they are trying to help us avoid comet crash (or they may on the other hand).
    Now,if grays arent asians from future they are probably highly evoluated humans that were once like us.
    Or..there are no grays..

20. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

albert einstein and his colleague, a professor born in poland that was a mathematician at princeton that was into time travel...were vehemently against changing the past because the negative effects on the present could be devastating

remember quantum leap?...they did their best not to hugely alter the past

i would not mess with the past, but if i did, i would trade jose canseco and mark mcguire away from the As in 1988 so the giants would win the world series in 1989:p

21. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

You are forgeting that it is probably impossible to travel back to past,instead,it may be possible to travel to another mirror universe in which things are happening in *our* past.

22. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

I guess that is ONE of the theories out there. Still, that "greys are evolved asians" thing is kinda far fetched. It sits right up there with Elvis, Tupac, and Biggie being alive :)

23. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

are you telling me someone died?

24. coolocity thread starter macrumors regular

I still believe that paperclip theory. One possibilty that is quite possibly the truth is that the government tried to make the cover up as hokey as possible, so while the whole time us citizens were thinking aliens had landed, they could really cover up the craft they were designing. The whole reason that people thought they saw aliens is in the article I linked to.. even if you don't believe it, it's a nice read.

- John-o

25. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

When US secret vessel crashed,they wanted russians to think aliens actually crashed in Roswell.
    Ion thrusters technology is there for a long time,I doubt they are aliens.
    Ion technology works on highly accellerated high-voltage particles that collide with air particles and create thrust. Those ions also interfere with electronic equipment and can cause cars and lights to stop working.