What really happened to Lacero?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by roadapple, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roadapple macrumors regular

So it has been a good while, but what did happen to Lacero? He quite to the day of his joining, anything to that? One year and 6,636 posts...

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

No one knows for sure. Lacero has shown up on other forums, but never again here (unless as a lurker).

3. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

IIRC, Lacero was never a real person, just a conglomerate of users signing on and posting stuff. Sort of like a public alias. At least, that's what I've been told. I could be wrong, though.

4. roadapple thread starter macrumors regular

Non sense, he was an animator with a quick wit and a hot wife ... at least that is what I gathered... then again maybe not.

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

6. roadapple thread starter macrumors regular

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

When I was walking through Sam's Club last week, I saw a CD labeled "Lacero" with the photograph of a familiar dark-haired woman on it.

We've had several people leave suddenly for whatever reasons. I'm trying to remember if Lacero actually helped solve any problems or was just here-today-gone-tommorrow.

9. roadapple thread starter macrumors regular

10. vniow macrumors G4

Do we really need another thread on this? Can't say I'm surprised though, Lacero sure managed to spice things up from time to time.

I suspect he's just gone to that great apple pie in the sky in some form or another.

11. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Was Lacero one single individual? Lots of us wondered.

Sadly, people's interest couldn't yield any persuasive proof Lacero existed. Speculation provided intriguing, corny (yet amusing) posts pondering likely explanations.

Why so many posts? Why such a spread (no time seemed immune from a Lacero comment)? Why the sudden departure? Did s/he (or they) come back in another form? I'm happy to see people are still interested, but I think I'll close this thread, as so many others exist on the topic already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.