Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
jhu said:
first off "sudo rm -r /" is much worse.
Now, that's just evil... :D

jhu said:
secondly, the sudo grace period is the default behavior on most unixes. you can always recompile it to suit your needs. of course most unixes also require the root password to run sudo with mac os x being an exception.
I'm pretty sure that most of the Linux systems I've run did have the grace period set to 0 by default (because I was always bl...very annoyed that I had to type my password every time I used sudo). I've mostly run variants of RedHat, though, never any other *nix variant, so that might have something to do with it? Maybe they thought they needed to take extra good care of me... ;)

Haven't had a running Linux box in a couple of years now (didn't seem much of a point after I got used to OS X), so I cannot test it now...

Jedi128

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2005
New York, NY
I worry that the G5 will continue to run over intel......

But the notebooks do need some help.

I think you people need to stop complaining about PPC not being supported. All you do is check a box. Its called Universal Binary, that means both PPC and intel will be supported.

And about the 64 bit I do worry. Why didn't Jobs pick AMD. That Athlon 64 X2 is sweet, but I guess the G5 is basically the samething. It's too bad they couldn't work it out with IBM.....

The last thing to worry about is can Apple make enough computers this year since they will possibly sell more this year than they ever have before. Here's why:
Microsoft sucks and its apparent to everyone, even Microsoft people. This is becuase Vista still isn't here after how many years?
OS X is better than its ever been, and with intel coming people will for some reason that escapes me, feel more comfortable buying a mac.
The truth that we all know will become more obvious to these new switchers, therefore market share will rise in Apple's favor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.