What revision cycle are we in with MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tinydancer, Aug 5, 2006.

1. tinydancer macrumors regular

Have they be revised since their origional release? Have the early kinks been worked out? Sorry...I am not in the loop..as it were.

2. JurgenWigg macrumors 6502

JurgenWigg

depending on who you talk to, we could be on rev. a and we could be on rev f or whatever.

They've made tons of small revisions to the MBP, it's not the same machine as it was when it was first released.

However, nothing major has really changed to differentiate one rev. from the next. The next MBPs supposedly will have Merom and a case redesign, so you'll definately know it when we hit rev. b, in my opinion.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Traditionally the fan community has only called it a revision when there was a substantial internal redesign (which is very rare without accompanying feature changes) and/or a feature set change, and usually only the latter. Meaning this is still "A."

(However, of course, minor changes to address quality issues have been made and are constantly made. But we don't traditionally call that a new revision)

4. tinydancer thread starter macrumors regular

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Yeah I have kind of wondered that myself. Glad someone asked :)

6. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Wouldn't a Merom based MBP be a Rev A Merom? It is a move from 32 bit to 64 bit, it's not exactly a speed bump.

7. generik macrumors 601

generik

Strictly speaking yes, but if it seems a magnetic latch and/or an EZaccess hdd panel, then the redesign would be large enough to constitute a rev.

8. EternalTL2k3 macrumors newbie

does the same hold true for the macbook? I had heard that they made a few small changes here and there