Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumorSkeptic

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2002
Southern California
REASONABLE REQUESTS:
1. Built-in Microphone
2. Built-in AM/FM radio
3. Bluetooth wireless remote
4. More Games (e.g. Tetris)
5. All wrapped up in a smaller body with the same scrollwheel & button arrangement as the Mini's.

CRAZY REQUESTS!:
1. Cellphone capabilities. (Make it a flip phone to preserve small size.)
2. Digital Camera Built-in (4 megapixel Quality at least, and this of course would need a color LCD to preview your pics.)
3. OSX style interface & effects

Originally posted by mms
I wouldn't bet on it but they might offer the higher end model with an aluminum casing like the PowerBooks. Looking at the PowerMac, PowerBook, and metal windows in Panther, it seems that Steve likes metal, so it is certainly possible. It'd look really good with a PowerBook too.

I was kind of thinking PowerPod, to seperate it from the consumer iPod, with much more PDA functionality. And I know, Steve said "blah blah blah"

One thing I would like to see on the iPod is some way to put checklist on it. I sometimes make a shopping list or to do list as a text file so I can read it on my iPod, it would be nice if there were a way to check off the items that I have bought/completed.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Originally posted by hob
We'd said bluetooth so that people with camera phones could backup their photos etc... (a bit like the belkin card reader)

AND how about a bluetooth remote??

Hob

I think it would take a minute or more per song to transfer songs with Bluetooth, even at best. My cell phone takes about 3-4 seconds to transfer 100k.

The bluetooth item I'd like to see is BT streaming audio. 1) would be headphones for the iPod...Xtrememac demonstrated that this kind of tech works, I hope Apple will incorporate it as standard in a year or two. 2) is streaming audio to a car stereo so that you don't need to wire or iTrip the iPod into the car. There are already a handful of cars with built-in BT (Prius, Acura TL, I think something from Chrysler....).

Of course the big nuisance with BT is that even if someone sells a BT iPod tomorrow, it will be half a year before any car has the right profile. :(

Engagebot

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2003
LSU - Baton Rouge
wireless remote (even if it isnt bluetooth)

just the fact that the ipod now has a dock with a line out implies that its not always in your pocket when its playing. a dock with a line out to my stereo just screams REMOTE

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
I realize everyone has different priorities, but for me, it would be battery life. All of these other features being requested, such as built-in this and built-in that, color screens, etc. would just diminish the battery life even further, so I think that before Apple adds all of these new features, they should look at extending the battery life.

Nevsan

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2004
I don't think a built in mic would diminish the battery very much. AM/FM radio would be kick-ass and probably won't diminish battery life either. Color screen is a bit iffy, but hey.

Anyway, I think it would be cool if it had an iTunes style visualizer thing. That would be soooo freaking kick-ass. Not sure how it would look on that screen but what the hell.

Just my two cents.

Thanatoast

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2002
Denver
Well, I haven't got my palm to work with my new copy of Panther yet, so I sync'd my calendar on my ipod. But I noticed a few glaring drawbacks.

First, there's no way to check your to-do list. This should be simple enough endable.

Second, some kind of input device. A thumb keyboard or something. I'd be happy to carry around just my ipod instead of my ipod and palm. This keyboard should also work address book entries.

In order to more easily use these new "powerpad" capabilities, a button (perhaps on the keyboard) that takes you back to the first menu, so there's not as much :back, back, back, forward, forward, forward:

I'm all about the pda capabilities that should be available.

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2003
Only improvements I would like are:

1. Improved Battery Life
2. Fix the 2.1 bugs! (Come on Apple, its been 3 months)
3. LCD remote (i.e. minidisc players).
4. Cross-Fading like iTunes.
5. Built in FM Transmitter would be nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.