What should be my next computer?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by sammyman, May 12, 2005.

1. sammyman macrumors 6502a

I had an iMac ordered, but it took so long to ship that I came across a 12" pbook for a steal and bought it. Now I am wondering what will be my next computer.

I am taking a trip to Europe this summer and wanted a desktop that could easily edit a home movie (i.e. an iMac w/ superdrive unlike my powerbook). I am tempted to buy one now even though I do not need it simply because of the free printer and the $100 discount.

Is there a chance that by september that they will either have a new desktop out or have similar deals on iMac's? It seems like it is hard to find discounts at apple so I wanted to take advantage of it now. I really will need a desktop with a superdrive in September but am not picky of which one to buy, iMac, mac mini, pm, but NOT an eMac.

2. sammyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh yeah. I guess I could get a monitor, an external hard drive, and an external superdrive. Seems like it would be cheaper and more practical to get an iMac.

3. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Manzana

buy the imac now...

it was recently updated and with other lines awaiting updates (PB's, PM's, & iBooks) it will be a while before they are updated again.

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I also think that an iMac would fit your situation very well. It's a Rev. B model so such be a good deal. Also you won't need to worry about getting a display. It also has a smaller footprint.

5. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Usually at the end of August they have a bunch of sales for back to school.