What Should I Do Now?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DarkNetworks, Jan 11, 2007.

1. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Alright, I'm extremely frustrated at this point. What should I do? My iBook, when powered on, a folder with a flashing question mark is shown, as usual I did everything I possibly could to try and fix it myself including calling Apple. So, the conclusion, I really need to send it to the shop for repair as it might be hardware problem. So, I sent my iBook in for repair on the 5th DECEMBER and they sort of tested it and replace whatsoever a new HD and I got it back on the 9th. Took me about 2 hours for everything to get back to where it all started, it's seems like the issue was not resolved. Took it back to the store after a day and they say they'll need to check it again, well the thing was on bench only on the 18th of December I got it back the second time on the 9th of JANUARY 2007. According to them, Apple sent a DOA HD. Ordered some Flex Circuit thing and a new HD. Thought alright, now everything "should" be fixed. Used it for about an hour just downloading Software Updates and phew, the thing went back to where it all started, AGAIN! :mad: Well called them today and they say we'll need to check it A-G-A-I-N, please bring it in again. What should I do now? Obviously bring it in again but I don't make to make another 2 hour trip down there for the 7th time if this third repair is not working for me again! And it took almost 1 MONTH to so called repair this machine, well obviously the Christmas and all added more time! What should I tell them or can Apple do anything? Should I call Apple to report this issue? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

2. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Call the store manager. Be polite but express your frustration. Ask him what can be done not only to fix the problem but also to insure you do not have to keep running down to the store. I assume they are not charging you for the additional repairs, since they did not fix it the first time. If I am wrong about this I would want to be reimbursed for my previous repairs. Every repair has a case number. Get yours so that if you do call Apple they can look up what was done and you do not have to keep repeating your story. Good luck.

3. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Send an email to steve jobs with all the case numbers. You should get a responce back

4. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

is this ibook still under warranty? if so, you should definitely call Apple

5. DarkNetworks thread starter macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Where can I find a case number? I've searched the invoice but I'm only given a Job Number. I assume the job number which is a five digit number is the store repair tracking number, I don't think it's the case number. But after each repair, they list down the Part No., Order No. and GSX Number. Is that any useful?

What's his email address?

It is still under Applecare. Well at least till the 29th of January 2007, that's why I want to get sorted out, it has been about a month now, and my sister is pretty frustrated of me borrowing her laptop. I called them but they told me to send to the store at the very first place. Should I call them again but then what would they do anyway?

6. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

Applecare is ultimately where decisions are made about your situation. This is the 3rd attempt to repair the situation in a short time and they need to be made aware of that especiaslly since you're nearing the end of your warranty. Maybe they'll do nothing but maybe they'll make some effort to make sure it gets fixed properly.

7. DarkNetworks thread starter macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Yeah good point. I'll probably give them a call on Monday. Any idea about the email and my case number?

8. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

well his email is steve@mac.com however, I don't think that would help ask for someone else, I would let them fix it one more time and if that does not work tell them to replace it. If they can't replace it with another ibook maybe they will give you a macbook?

9. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

once, twice, three times a lemon :)

If your state has lemon laws (most do) AND this is a warranty situation, it's time to demand a new iBook.

Get all your paperwork, receipts, names, dates, and other facts together. Be polite but firm and dont take no for an answer and dont accept any BS excuses. Start at the store mgr, & move up the line until you get results.