What should i do with all my iPod's??????

Discussion in 'iPod' started by carpe diem, Sep 18, 2005.

1. carpe diem macrumors 6502

Hi there i am new here,
    I have just realized i have 6 iPod's and no clue to what i should do with them. I have a 3g 20gb, 2 1g iPod mini's, a shuffle and 2 nano's. The two nano's is because they did not have the 4gb nano in white in the shop when i went so i ordered it and got the black to satisfy me for a couple of days. I also have the logitech bt headphones which dont work with the nano :(

Thanks

2. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

I suppose you could somehow do somesort of FireWire RAID setup with two 20 giggers and one mini to get 44GB of extra storage space... or, of course, you could sell 'em off in the Marketplace on here!

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Get some cotton batting for snow, and some little ceramic houses and shoppes and churches that light up, and make a nice little christmas scene with your iPods as ice-skating children (on a mirror pond, of course). (you can pretend the black Nano is adopted :))

4. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

You can donate one to the poor-broke-devilot-would-love-a-nano-or-shuffle foundation. :D

5. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

that is the best idea i have ever heard hahahhahahhahha

6. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Its a pretty nice problem you've got there, but decide which one's you dont want and then ebay them off,

ShadOW

7. carpe diem thread starter macrumors 6502

Which dont i want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whaty if i make a museum on ipod's (just joking) and i need all of them.
    Thanks

8. Super20 macrumors regular

Don't you love when you want a serious answer and all you get are jokes? Seriously though, you could give one to a poor band teacher with a 30 minute commute and nothing good to listen to on the radio. AHHHHH....sorry..i really tried to be serious.

9. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

eat one

see if you can bite a Nano in half!! :p if not that rap your Nano in a candy bar rapper and give it to s stranger or someone you don't like, things like that can do wonders for a person!

10. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

barf. I smell "OMG i am so rich i don't know what to do with myself!"

11. Xephian macrumors 6502a

Xephian

Just sell them here, or you can just give them to me. :D

12. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Do you honestly and publicly have to ask complete strangers what to do with unwanted expensive consumer electronic items or is this just idle boasting? :rolleyes:

13. Eluon macrumors regular

I wish I could tell you how hard I laughed at that one. Sent it to some friends here sitting by me in the library at school and they laughed hard too. Props

14. Rocky3478 macrumors regular

Give 'em away.... ;)

15. Must.Get.nano! macrumors regular

Must.Get.nano!

Have each iPod for each type of music...

16. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

LOL

Talk about being the black sheep of the family

17. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Put them in a gift basket, give it to Bill Gates and show him that even though some of these are old they still WORK!

18. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

NICE. :D

19. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Yar, the Black Jewel be settin' 'er sails for ye, lad. Me hearties be needin' yer booty to stoke their love o' the sweet trade.

20. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

You could sell them and give to a charity or donate to hurricane relief efforts. OR, you could just sit there and brag about all of them online to anyone who will listen, a strategy you seem to be content with.

21. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Haha, you know it! :p Although I must admit, perhaps Xeem's suggestion is better:

22. stevep macrumors 6502a

stevep

A trivial problem compared to the vomit I now have to clear up.....

23. the_freddinator macrumors regular

The real question is not 'what should i do with all my iPod's??????' but rather what SHOULDN'T you do w/ all your iPods???

have a ball. I say keep a nano and the 3g then just go crazy.

1. Wrap one of the iPods up in saran wrap (or something that will keep the water out) and just drop a shuffle in a fountain at the mall. Imagine throwing coins in and seeing a freaking shuffle at the bottom of the pool.

2. Get together w/ your friends in a park (or some other open space) and have a 'throw the iPod' contest. Whoever can throw it the farthest wins it.

3. Blow one up.

4. Put a shuffle in a balloon. Fill the baloon w/ helium. Have a goodbye shuffle ceremony and let go. Some poor sucker's gonna have a shuffle fall on his head....

That's four ideas. I mean, if you weren't going to sell them (the obvious solution) then there's no point in keeping them in a manageable state. Be creative.

Ahh.

Treat the ipod like a hostage. Go up to railroad tracks where people will see you and rope the iPod down to the tracks. Walk away.