What should I do with my old iBook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by wPod, Feb 5, 2004.

1. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

I recently got my iBook repaired from the iBook Logic Board Repair Extension Program http://www.apple.com/support/ibook/faq/
    and I am wondering what I should do now that it works.

At the time my iBook first had the Logic Board problems I bought a 12" PB 867 so I could actually have a computer that didnt need its logic board replaced every 3 months. (OK the new Logic Boards should actually work now.)

So, do I keep my iBook (my first mac) just to have around to play with or, do I sell it, pay off my PB and start saving my money for G5 to play around with (though it will be a long time before I have that much money)?

2. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

3. tsk macrumors 6502a

tsk

I'd say put it on eBay. You should be able to get a pretty good price for it.

The only reason you should keep it is if you have a good use for it (wife can use it, etc).

4. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

You could use it as a music server. Essentially replace the CD player on your stereo. I've been thinking of doing this myself--iBooks are nice and quiet, and you could end all CD clutter in your house.

5. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Well, I like the design of the iBooks much better then the PB, so why not selling the PB ?

Just my 0.02c

6. wPod thread starter macrumors 68000

wPod

sell my PB?!!!?! no way! its smaller and more powerful than the iBook. I also use an external monitor frequently which works better on the PB cause I can either close my PB or have a dual monitor set up.

but i do agree that iBook has a bit more fashion. . . i took off the top cover, removed the white paint and added my own paint job. . . i will post a link soon once i can get stuff up on my new web site. and btw fashion in the iBook has its benifits, it cought the attention of a girl in my physics class who also had an iBook . . . and well, long story short, i have now been dating her for a year and a half :)

but as an engineer i must go with productivity and usefulness over a little bit of fashion.