what should i do with my pbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by elva, Feb 7, 2005.

1. elva macrumors newbie

I have a few questions aobut what I should do with my powerbook.. I have had some bad things happen latey regarding money so I might sell my pbook. I'm new here to Macrumors. but have been a Mac user for about thee years. I have a powerbook 1.25ghz with i gig of ram a 80 gig hard drive with the superdrive,,.
    here is what i might do tell me what you think is the best

1.sell it out right and just use my iMac g4 untill i move then buy something but then my display has no use.
    2.sell it and by a 550g4 tipowerbook from my friend or trade him pluss about 800 for mine his bowerbook has 1gig of ram and a combo drive with a 60 gig hard drive.
    3.or trade him that powerbook ti and a powermac dual 800mhzg4 with 1gig of ram a 2x superdrive and it has two 120 gig hard drives pluss he will give me 200 for my powerbook.

I love having a awesome portable becaue i do take it everywhere with me .. I originally bought it so i could edit videos and do all my school work plus i thought i was going to be moved out by now but that has not happened and my editting has had to take a back seat to school jobs and some business ventures... but i do like the 15 inch screen because i like being able to write a word document and have say a web page or something else open. I do entend to start doing more video work soon and I AM sTILL IN SCHOOL so I STILL have papers to write and i did just buy a 20inch apple display because it was onsale for a good price. SO should i keep mine sell it on ebay or do one of the trades thank you .... I need your help I CAN not make up my Mind.. thank you

powerbook 1.25g4 1 gig ram 15"
    imac g4 15"

2. elva thread starter macrumors newbie

3. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

if you don't really need the portability i would sell the laptop outright and then either sell the monitor as well or use one of the spanning hacks to have dual displays on the iMac.

4. elva thread starter macrumors newbie

anyideas

does any one have any ideas thanks for the help

or i thought about keeping mine or selling all my apple stuff and getting a 17" or sellling everything and getting a 12 inch and my display ... but does any one have any ideas about my first post .. what would you do
    thanks