What should I do with the 256 MB RAM from the Mini? Sell it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Gary King, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Gary King macrumors 6502

I have the 256 MB RAM from my Mini after I upgraded to 512.

What should I do with it? Sell it, I suppose eh? (It's not like I'll need 256!)
    Should I sell on eBay? How much should I expect to get?

Also, does the 256 MB RAM for the Mini work in ALL Macs?

Thanks in advance!

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Correct me if i'm wrong but if for some reason you needed to send your mini they might not accept it because you installed it.... You might want to hang on to it...

3. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

Yep, I did. Got a whole £10 for it. It won't work in all macs, but most modern ones (use Crucial's memory selector to see which ones).

Some say keep it in case you need to return the Mini to Apple. Others say that you may want to use the new memory in a new computer when you upgrade. I figured the chance of it going back to Apple when still under warranty is small (touch wood), and if I wanted a new computer in 2-3 years' time I'm sure it would come with different memory anyway. So the original stick is useless. Sell it!

4. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

I would keep it just in case. You could need it if oyu had to send it back to Apple, or if you decided to sell it you could reinstall it. When you sell something on eBay (Or it's equivalent) you normally don't get your value from memory, so you could reinstall the old memory and then sell the 512 MB chip separately.