What should I do with this cable? its just shocking

Discussion in 'iPod' started by elisha cuthbert, Sep 24, 2006.

1. elisha cuthbert macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

so i get home from camp and I found my USB iPod cable in my bag and it had the white bits on the 32 pin connector missing (see pics)
    I have been to my local service centre and they have said that if they send it in it will most likely get rejected. so what can i do???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Are the shell pieces hiding in the bag anywhere? You could probably just glue it back together.

3. elisha cuthbert thread starter macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

i was thinking about what warranty would do bcause i really cant be bothered buying a new one, it already takes me 2 hours to get to the apple shop
    and no the shell pieces are not hiding in the bag

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Okay, well if you do need to spring for a replacement, the Sendstation PocketDock adapters are worth looking into. They adapt standard USB or FireWire cables to your dock connector, and they are quite a bit sturdier than the Apple cables.

5. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

Order one online?

and just think now you have a cable which you might be able to come up with some amazing new mod. So get to work and smile.

6. elisha cuthbert thread starter macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

ok ill try, because i have been thinking of making a portable battery thing for my mini but i will make one for my new video