iPad What should I do?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by forza69, Nov 27, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

forza69

So... I had returned my iPad 4 after only having it for about a week because I wanted a computer after all. That computer being a 15 inch rMBP. Now I'm considering getting the iPad 4 again (I actually miss it) and getting an iMac when they become available. I think that would come out to be less for both than if I were to buy the rMBP by itself. Opinions?

2. macrumors 65816

aerok

You can also help us out by telling us your use of those

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

forza69

Nothing too crazy. Just Internet browsing, music, streaming, some photo editing. I know that I don't need the rMBP, it's more of a want than anything else. I know that I can get by with a MBA, but I don't want an Air. I tried using the iPad as my main computing device but it was too limited with the browser.

4. macrumors member

In my opinion that would definitely be the more reasonable choice. Having an iMac and an iPad 4 would be a better combination than having a rMBP and an iPad 4.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

forza69

Nah, if I got the rMBP I wouldn't get the iPad 4.

6. macrumors regular

Return the rmbp, and get an iMac 21 inch and an ipad 4? Cheaper combination and only thing is you won't have a laptop to bring around. You still can bring the ipad around though.

7. macrumors newbie

I vote for the iPad 4 and iMac combo, like everyone else. I'm planning to buy both in a few days.

8. macrumors 6502a

You really need to assess your natural uses of the device first. For instant, i only use my laptop now for downloading movies or songs and open up Itune to connect with my ipad on a very long once in awhile because due to the better battery, the ipad is pretty much a stand alone device to me.

It has its limit, but there are many apps which lower the barrier a little bit.

For what it worth, i think u need both!!!

9. macrumors regular

get a macbook pro and ipad 4, its more portable

10. macrumors 68000

Defender2010

This! Do you need two portable computers? Do you need to do anything when out and about that you can't do on the iPad? If you have a good desk and chair for an iMac to do some work at and then use the iPad for everything else you can save some cash and have a nice lifestyle/workflow computer combo.

11. macrumors 601

clyde2801

retina 13" macbook pro?

12. macrumors regular

a.y.n

iMac + iPad mini.

13. thread starter macrumors 6502a

forza69

I would get that if the specs were a bit better or if the price was lower.

----------

That actually brings me to another question. I have a good desk but a horrible chair. I've been searching for one online but they all look uncomfortable. Any recommendations on a good chair? Price isn't really an issue but I'd say no more than $300.

14. bigboar, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012

macrumors 6502

that is what i did, my mbp is supposed to be here today...I got the 13 mbp and caught it saturday when it was on sale for $962 at amazon, then bought a 256gb ssd and 16gb or ram to put in it...

15. thread starter macrumors 6502a

forza69

I was going to do that originally but I couldn't stand the resolution. Looking at all those pixels drove me insane.

16. macrumors 6502

I agree, the resolution didnt get me excited but since i use the ipad 4 most of the time I was willing to sacrifice to have both the 4 and the mbp for what i would have had in just the rmbp..

17. macrumors member

I see what you mean. Yeah, if you have the choice of either having one Apple product or two Apple products - definitely choose the latter :)

There would be no point, in my opinion, getting a rMBP with no iPad 4. Instead, get an iMac as a home computer and use your iPad 4 for a portable computer (which is the function a rMBP would serve anyways).

18. macrumors 68020

This. And the new iMacs look awesome.

19. thread starter macrumors 6502a

forza69

Dude I know! I think I'll wait to get the 27". The 21.5" is nice but I want something bigger. I'm going back to best buy on Friday when I get paid to get the iPad 4. Still debating on whether I should get the 16GB or the 32GB.