what should I do

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by scionide, Feb 26, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

I purchased the white middle build macbook 2.2ghz, 1gb ram and so on 10 days ago, I have til March 1st to exchange, and apple releases a new one. I bought like a package thing since I'm a student, I got a free printer and discount on applecare. I have a dilema, should I fork over $119(restocking fee from applestore) and exchange. or keep the one I have. My question is, is it worth the exchange perfromance wise, I barely did anything to my current macbook, just installed firefox and a couple of docs for school. Also, do I have to return everything from the macbook box like cords,etc..

Thanks for you opinions :D

2. macrumors member

Im in the same position as you. Just my refurb 2.2 white macbook has yet to be delivered. I am 90% certain that I am going to keep the one that I ordered. I know this doesn't help you. I dont even know why im posting..

3. macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

i doubt yours qualifies as it is refurbished, not to sure

4. macrumors member

I already spoke with the guy at apple. Being that The package has yet to be opened (I can't because I dont even have it yet) I can return it and get a full refund. I just dont want to wait a week for it to ship, then another 3-5 buisness days for the money to get to my account, then pay an additional 100 dollars for the new one. I am still trying to find out if the new macbook has multitouch trackpad. If it does I will reconsider.

5. macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Well, is your $119 worth a faster CPU, longer battery life, and a larger HDD?

Chances are if you're even asking, it is. It's only $119 (less then a week worth of work for me on my part-time almost minimum pay), I'd go for it. But that's just me.

6. macrumors regular

nfg315

pretty sure its only the MBP and MBA that have multitouch

at least its not advertised anywhere on the site or in tech specs - can anyone that bought one or saw one in-store today verify?

7. macrumors member

Does anyone know if they have done anything to fix the cracking topcase issue? from the pictures it looks like it is the same design

8. macrumors newbie

thanks for the advice, I went for it today, and brought home the new updated macbook, and I paid the restocking fee, I'm please and happy with everything, I just have to buy another applecare now, since they couldn't transfer the applecare from my 2.2ghz mb to my new 2.4 for some reason.

9. macrumors regular

I would keep it. Upgrade the ram and you're set for at least a year...