What should I get?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by melodyj03, May 18, 2006.

1. melodyj03 macrumors newbie

My Dell Laptop's motherboard just fried for the third time and now that it is out of warranty I'm looking into getting a new computer. I have had so many problems with this PC that I'm looking at Macs. How many times do you have to be told there has been a fatal error and your computer shuts down before the Dell support people believe you that something is wrong? Anyway, I haven't used a Mac since playing Oregon Trail in 1st grade, but the ease of use on my iPod has convince me that maybe I'd like apple's computers as well.

So, my question is, what should I get? I would be using it for word processing, internet surfing, some music and photo editing, and iTunes. I definately still want a laptop and it will be my only compter.

Sorry for being so longwinded.

2. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Sounds like one of the new MacBooks is just what you need. They're not too expensive, relatively powerful - certainly enough to do what you want and should last a good couple of years. If you want a slightly cheaper option, perhaps have a look at refurb iBooks and PowerBooks, still great computers, just not as new. :)