What should i use to clean my white iBook?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by 18thTomorrow, Dec 29, 2004.

1. 18thTomorrow macrumors 6502

After 6 months of constant use my new ibook isn't looking so new anymore. There are actually palmprints on the white surface where my hands rest to type.
    Anybody have any good ideas on what I should use to clean this up and get my baby looking like new again?

2. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

get iKlear from the apple store. I use it on my Powerbook and it makes the whole thing look brand new!

3. 18thTomorrow thread starter macrumors 6502

ok...thanks

anyone else know of anything I could use...more "around the house" type cleaners? I don' thave an apple store nearby and i don't really feel like ordering it special online...

4. Eomando macrumors member

How about some good 'ole *damp* soft cloth (a microfibre cloth is fab)?

that's just what i do with *my* powerbook, and it comes up like new...it should be just as good with your ibook. if you've still got the manual around, it'll tell you in there what's recommended - and if my memory serves, a soft damp cloth is what's recommended for powerbooks (no soap or anything, that'd just streak). :)

5. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Try this, works great.

Attached Files:

6. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

Good one.

I would suggest rubbing off the used part of your eraser first so you don't get all that lead on your computer.

7. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I used that on my lexus when i scraped the edge of my front bumper into a pole in a parking garage :eek: :rolleyes: The white paint was on my car and the eraser got it off!

But for my pb i use iklear works like a charm. it cleans everything from everywhere.

8. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Every "How do I clean my iBook" thread seems to mention the Mr. Clean Magic eraser ... just search the forums for "Magic Eraser" and you'll see. Apparently the stuff works great; unfortunately, I don't have an iBook so I can't comment.