What should my Senior Picture be?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by katie ta achoo, Nov 5, 2005.

1. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

So, I'm a senior this year, and for the yearbook, we submit pictures that kind of.. sum us up.

Most people go get glamour shots that don't look like them done, but NO! I want something different.. something Apple related, because that's really how people know me: Giant Mac Nerd who will give them tech support for their iPod that they screwed up because they tried to install bonzi buddy or some other piece of spyware crap to the external drive that shows up when they plug in their iPod. (or screw it up another way. IT'S ALWAYS USER ERROR!)

So, What do you think my senior pic should be?
    I thought a really cute one would be me hugging a clerk at the Apple store.
    Someone else said that I should photoshop Steve Jobs and I standing with each other. I made one before, and some people believed that I really met Steve Jobs. (If I really did, I'd still be hyperventilating.)

Any brilliant ideas? They're due on the 18th, so I have some time to take the pic and do stuff to it, BUT, if I'm one of the first ten to turn it in, I GET A COOKIE! (I really want that cookie!)

2. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

Well whatever it is, make sure you have your iPod earbuds prominently on display! :rolleyes:

T-shirt with Apple logo on? How about "I [red Apple logo instead of heart, for "love"] Steve Jobs" ? :p

3. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

BONZI BUDDY.. i remember that dude.. late 90's awesomeness haha..

4. iGary Guest

iGary

Nope, the hurricane one. That sums you up pretty well.

5. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

A pic of you playing your violin, black dress, earbuds in place, Powerbook open on or near your lap as if you're recording yourself playing.

6. katie ta achoo thread starter macrumors G3

Oooo... I think I'm diggin' this idea...

and iSaint As much as I love music, I don't think I'm gonna have it in the pic. I'm not going into it. If anything, I should be hugging graphs.

7. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

How about one of your fave photos merged next to this iPod in Colorware's mystique flavor with the caption: "Graduation day is big, but nothing gets between me and my Nano."

Attached Files:

8. katie ta achoo thread starter macrumors G3

I don't have a nano, so it wouldn't work..
    well, you could give me a Nano...
    :D:D

9. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I say you do that-- make that shirt, and then get a photo of you wearing it while 'hugging Steve Jobs.' Sounds cute. Oh oh oh, and the background of the picture could feature the entrance to a US mint or something...

10. katie ta achoo thread starter macrumors G3

EEGADS!
    FANTASTICAL

Devilot, I think you WIN! (not that it was a competition, but.. :p)

I'll have to go take a pic of the Houston Branch of the Dallas Fed today...

this is completely
    and utterly
    fantastical!

11. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

lol, I thought you were clayj for a sec. :rolleyes:

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I think that getting a picture of yourself at teh Apple Store would be awesome. Hugging a Mac Genius at the Genius Bar. ;)

13. pna macrumors 6502

Just to play devil's advocate here, are you sure that you want the lifetime legacy of your senior picture to show that you were a total mac nerd, even if that's how you're known/perceived by your classmates right now? When people look at their yearbook years from now (which they do), is that what you want to be remembered for first and foremost?

I know it seems cool now, and you'll likely have a lifetime love affair with Apple and macs in general. But I'm guessing there's a lot more to you than that, a *lot* more. Why not have a picture that's just you, so people can remember all of the other cool interactions they've had with you in high school, instead of just being reminded of how you fixed their ipod?

Just my 2 cents for something to think about. From my perspective, my senior year in high school in Illinois I was the captain of the basketball team. We were really good, and made it all the way to the state championship. 12,000 people showed up at each of our last 5 games, they were televised, etc -- it was a really big deal, and one of the big things that my classmates remember about that year. But when it came time to take my senior picture, the last thing I wanted anywhere near that picture was a basketball, because there was so much more to me, and my senior year, than that. That's where I'm coming from.

It's not such a big deal, but something to think about. Enjoy the heck out of your senior year -- it's a really great time of life.

14. katie ta achoo thread starter macrumors G3

about 95% of the pictures are utterly non-serious, flippant, and hilarious. Troy (the man, introduced me to Economics) was on a swing, smiling like a goob. Another person had a paper bag on their head, and someone else kissed the Enron sign.

I'm completely fine with being remembered as a total nerdlinger.
    Having an arty picture of me looking pensive isn't me. You can take the girl out of the fine arts school, but you can't take the fine arts school out of the girl. (also insert for "fine arts school," "nerd")

They should look back and remember the glory days of hoe-downs in the commons, impromptu Queen parties, dancing on fridays at lunch, and how 'PVA was. (Also the free tech support.. I'll start charging them eventually. :p)

15. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Is it possible to be dressed up in a way that appears as though your body was being invaded by a Windows virus?

That would be shaweeet!

16. katie ta achoo thread starter macrumors G3

!!!
    Hmmm... what, I dress up in a purple monkey suit like the Bonzi Buddy thing?

:D:D

17. Aarow macrumors 6502a

Tofu+ipod+you+???=senior picture(?)

Whaddyua think?

18. katie ta achoo thread starter macrumors G3

Hmm... I'd probably end up getting tofu in the dock connector! :eek:

...would be an excuse to buy a new iPod, though. :D

19. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

post a pic of u at 1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino, California or didn't you Photoshop a picture of u and Steve jobs.... use one of those...

20. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

21. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

22. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Do the sports fan thing, paint an apple logo on your chest!

23. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

I don't think they would allow that in the yearbook.:p ;)

24. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

1) Your face on a dollar bill.

2) Apple logo in corners where amount of dollar is.

3) Profit!

25. katie ta achoo thread starter macrumors G3

I LOVE PROFIT!