What should Wii buy?

Discussion in 'Games' started by LastLine, Nov 25, 2006.

1. LastLine macrumors 65816

So I've got a Wii on pre-order in the UK (From a couple of places just to be sure ;-)

Now Obviously I've got Wii Sports coming with it but I'm not sure what else I should get with it...

Zelda, Rayman, Wii Play all look interesting but reality is I can probably only push it as far as two for now. Or is there anything else that I'm missing I should look at? :)

Also how does Rayman control? Do you throw your fists using nunchuck and remote? :D

2. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

The Wii Sports sampler is actually quite fun...

Otherwise, Zelda is a good game to buy with it, IMHO

3. wako macrumors 65816

Zelda in my opinion is so far the only game that is on the "must buy" list...

Another thing I highly recommend on pre-ordering is the Wiimotes and a Nunchuk. The damn thing is NO WHERE to be found in the US in stores. Many of our online retailers dont even have them either. It is no fun playing WiiSports without another person.

4. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Zelda and Wii Play. You want the Wii Play for the extra controller - its an absolute deal. You'd be a fool not to get Zelda too from what I hear.

5. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I agree with both things you said. Zelda is the only game I bought for my Wii and it's a lot of fun. Also, make sure you get another controller. I haven't been able to find one anywhere since launch, so my family is forced to watch me play before they can play. It's a lot more fun when you play against someone.

6. dylangurl21 macrumors regular

I'm in love with zelda... I've also found red steel to be kinda fun after the sensitvity settings have been set accordingly...

currently i have 3 wiimotes and 3 nunchucks..and im def looking for a 4th wii mote... no fun to play alone and the more people, the more fun imo

7. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yup, Wii Play. controller and a game for the price of a normal game :)

Red Steel is a love/hate kinda game. Personally I'm after any game that can show me how to run a real FPS on a console, I've been hearing people saying they can't go back to old Zelda now, what with the precision and speed of the controllers.

Monkey Ball? Bit of a mad party game that one.

I'd say definitely get Zelda and Wii Play then see where it goes from there.

9. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

Sounds good to me :)

SHame I'm having to spend money on component cables too :(

10. nitynate macrumors 6502a

Zelda is a given. :)

But hows about a racing game?
    I was playing it at the mall. Loads of fun.

11. wako macrumors 65816

i was just looking up on WiiPlay....

WHY THE HELL IS THE US GETTING SCREWED OVER FOR THE GAME?!

The release for WiiPlay for the US is January 15?! :mad:

12. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

i have pre ordered a wii in UK and also Wii play (for £33 from Amazon, £3 more than a controller & you get a game too)

I also have Zelda, Red Steel and Splinter Cell on my list

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

And the European release date for Trauma Center / Excite Trucks / Elebits is March... finished moaning yet ;) :p :D

14. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

Agreed ;-) Great way to get a second WiiMote too :)

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

oh boo hoo you Americans have it so hard when it comes to gaming. sob sob moan.

16. rchalico macrumors newbie

Wii.

I live in Mexico, but the price of the Wii is almost twice here than in the US, so last weekend i had to travel to Texas and sleep over outside of Circuit City. I got my Wii and i got Zelda and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, as well as 2 additional Wii Remotes. I wasn't able to find a nunchuk though:mad:
    Zelda is incredible and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is a lot of fun, although my family and friends have really enjoyed the Wii sports, since its the only multiplayer i have, its great.

17. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

But we Americans are blessed by God! He only blesses us! We asked him to;) :p

Its does suck we are not getting Wii Play until Jan, but seeing how we got the wii 3 weeks before the rest of the world it seems like a fine trade of for me1

18. Macnoviz macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

About those Nunchuks:

how many should you buy? Is it possible to play games without them? Are there games with four players that require 4 nunchuks?

etc...

19. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Depends of the game.

Rayman (4 players) uses the nunchunck but half of the games are played in turns so you can pass around the remote/nunchuck. I also think that you can play red steal 4 players split screen and that game needs nunchucks. I'd be surprised if Wario Ware requires the nunchuck. Same goes for MArio Party.

20. NYmacAttack macrumors 6502

NYmacAttack

Wii Play definitely looks interesting. Its too bad they are not releasing it sooner in the US :mad:

21. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I'm still shocked that we got the Wii before Japan so you won't hear me complaining. ^_^

I think it might have something to do with the fact that its a game that is harder to market for America. They probably wanted to wait and see how well Wii sports would be received before deciding if they were going to release it or not in our region.

22. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

I'b be more upset about Japans great VC line up than ours. and isn't europe only getting 8 VC games or summit?

23. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Geez, nobody spoke up for Rayman. It's riotous, and probably one of the best games to demonstrate/make use of Wii controls. Most of it is something that would be hard to do on other systems.

Wii Play in the U.S. ... Nintendo's stupid to release it in January. Why? I just paid $40 for an extra remote. But Wii Play *only* comes bundled with one, for $50-60? Don't need it, don't want to pay for it. Guess I'll try to get an unbundled copy on Ebay.

24. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

the only game i am "buying" at the moment will be rayman.. and possible zelda.. i think wii sports might keep up the entertainment factor for a while over xmas :)

25. Macnoviz macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

how about Wii Sports and Zelda twilight princess?