What shoulkd I do with my old iPod Touch 2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PatrickW98, May 6, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

PatrickW98

So I have an old iPod Touch 2 that I don't use anymore. What should I do with it?

2. macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

Get a docking station for it and leave it in your Kitchen, living room etc. Or keep it in your car.

3. WLS
    macrumors 6502a

I have an old gen1 and I use it with a Yamaha music player in the dinning room. It's especially cool for that as the gen1 had the Wolfson audio chip which most agree is the superior chip for music in iPods.
    You can also use yours for a player in the car if so equipped and you won't have to worry so much if it gets stolen. I'd never sell mine, it's still great.

4. macrumors regular

Me too! I use it as a paper weight; it's very effective and keeps the paper from flying off the table at the slightest breeze.

Seriously though, I leave it on my old iHome and play music with it when I feel like it.

Or you can sell it on ebay for ~$50, depending on its condition.

5. macrumors 68030

Sell it, or give it to a friend or relative, or keep it as a backup for when your current device is broken, lost or stolen.

6. macrumors newbie

Send it to me....I'll pay for the shipping if it still runs...:)

7. macrumors 68000

iphone1105

Why not give it to a family member or friend who would love to use it, thats what I do with most of my old gear, especially since not everyone spoils themselves, it'd be a fun gift to give!

8. macrumors newbie

I gave mine to my wife, when I got my iPad. She listens to audio books on it while at home or on the road.

9. macrumors regular

madrich

Donate it to charity.

10. macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

download air speaker, then you can wirelessly stream music to it. (Like an airport express)

11. macrumors 6502

I made a thread like this before and lots of people offered great suggestions. I still ended up boxing my iTouch 2 though. I’m “using” my iTouch 4. I used quotes because only use it on that rare moment when I have nothing to do at the gym but cardio due to massive soreness all over my body from weight lifting. At that point I use it for watching video as I run on the treadmill.

12. macrumors 6502a

Keep it for 50 years and by then it may be worth a small fortune....

13. macrumors 6502

Give it to your sister.

14. macrumors 6502

Roy G Biv

If you were an attractive woman, you could chuck it at a random stranger and yell, "You've been 'Touched by an Angel'!"

Have someone record it, and you could be an internet meme.

15. macrumors 68040

dontwalkhand

One kickass remote control

16. macrumors 68030

Older hardware is great for use in your car, I have a 60Gb iPod photo in one car and an 8Gb Nano in my other car = they get broken into and stolen its not my newest toy being taken...

I also have given older hardware to family and friends for their younger childern when I've had the urge to upgrade unnecessarily :D