What size should I export my pictures for my new iPod Nano?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by johnbro23, Sep 10, 2005.

1. johnbro23 macrumors 6502a

Apr 12, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I've just got an iPod Nano, and absolutely love it. I'm replacing my old 20GB iPod, and in doing so, have to make the best use of my space.

I'm thinking I can export pictures from iPhoto onto a folder on the desktop that are just big enough to fill the Nano's screen. What size should I export as?
  2. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Mar 30, 2004
    I could be wrong but doesn't iPhoto or the iPod do that automatically :confused:
  3. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

Nov 19, 2003
    Yeah don't worry about it if you're just doing the thumbnail thing. If you are also copying the source pictures over to the iPod it will take up exactly how much space the pictures take up on your computer's HD.

If you're doing regular storage, just enable disk use and drag over...not really worth having iTunes do it for you unless you're technologically terrified.
  4. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    Given the relatively small 2GB/4GB nano capacity, I'd just let iTunes do the thumbnailing for you as long as you don't need to store the images in their original size - it's just an option in the iPod options dialog you can get to once you dock the nano.