What Small Useful Application Do You Need?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ehwizard, Oct 28, 2003.

1. ehwizard macrumors newbie

I'm a software developer with some spare time these days and being a large believer in open source and what not, I really want to give something back.

So I'm taking suggestions for small to meidum size applications that people would really like to see, and when I find one that sounds good I'll go ahead and write.

Thanks for your help,

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

not really a program, more of a utility, and a script at that, but i would love a script that automatically spun my HDs down at a certain time each night, but not during the day... it's been bugging the hell out of me. maybe a script to turn "spin down HD when not in use" on and off without having to go into system preferences...

i would love to see a really excellent X-10 suite get developed, granted there are a few (thinkinghome, indigo, mousehouse) but none offer good integration with other computer-controlled systems, which is essential to the modern smarthome.

that's an awfully niche product tho. hopefully not for long, but still...

pnw

3. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    an app that would read my garmin MapSource maps and allow me to transfer them to my GPS.

once i get a G5, i will no longer be able to use virtual pc. and i am not betting on microsoft doing anything about that.