What software do you use to sync your info/data with an Android phone?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by NateEssex, Apr 14, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

I am tempted to try out an Android phone--screen envy. I feel if I had a larger screen on my iPhone, I wouldn't feel the need for an iPad quite so often.

How do you sync all of your typical iPhone data(music, movies, calendar, etc.) using a Mac?

What do you miss the most after leaving the iPhone?

Thanks!

2. macrumors 6502

I haven't left iPhone yet and I will always need one for development but

That being said, if the next iPhone cycle doesn't include one with a bigger screen 4.8 inches or bigger, I will probably be switching to the Note3 or whatever is out at the time.

3. macrumors 6502a

Depends on the vendor as some of them have software to sync your devices. Standard Android allows you drag and drop to the internal storage.

The only tiny thing I miss about the iPhone is the notifications for all apps in the lockscreen, other than that I miss nothing.

4. macrumors 603

siurpeeman

for music i use google play music. it took me a couple days to upload all my files to their servers, and i stream the music from the cloud to the device. it's an ok solution, but i'm not a big fan of the music playback interface.

for calendar, i use smoothsync for cloud calendar. two-way sync for icloud calendar events; it was easier than transitioning all my calendars to google calendar.

and for contacts, i use whatever address book from gmail.

5. macrumors 6502