What software is included with an Apple refurb?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by cxk6111, Jun 15, 2004.

1. cxk6111 macrumors newbie

I know you get the OS and Encyclopedia. Its says something about other software depending on availability? Anyone have any experience? What did you end up getting? Preloaded or discs?

2. neonart macrumors 65816

neonart

I've bought refurbs and usually have gotten all the same stuff as a new machine- but thats not 100%, which is why they put the disclaimer. Usually the iApps wont be missing since they are part of the install DVDs or CDs. What Apps are you worried about not getting?

3. cxk6111 thread starter macrumors newbie

My biggest want is

the bundled iLife suite. The games and other misc stuff would be nice to have but not really a necessity. On a completely unrelated note, can you get internal bluetooth put in a refurb iBook? Or only on a new model?

4. netytan macrumors 6502

netytan

All this software comes on the install/repair DVD, so if the you get this with it, which no dout you will, you'll get everything you're wanting :D.

Mark.

5. cubist macrumors 68020

Yes, the software is as with a new machine. But it's not the same for all machines. With the G5's, for example, you get Panther and iLife, but not AppleWorks or Tony Hawk.

(edit) and you don't get any BTO options, such as an upgraded video card or internal bluetooth.

6. cxk6111 thread starter macrumors newbie

Took the plunge!

Based on everything you guys have told me, I purchased a refurb 12" 1Ghz iBook today. Now I just have to hurry up and wait my 5 - 10 business days! I was really debating on whether or not I wanted the builtin Bluetooth but figured that the savings on a refurb was worth forgoing that one item.

7. discoforce macrumors 6502a

discoforce

Good for you! You're gonna love it, I love mine ;)