What sport(s) do you play?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sean7512, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

I play anything and everything hockey. I play for Saint Vincent College Ice Hockey, and I also play on an Amateur team, the Mt. Lebo Hornets. Our college team has finished 11th in the nation the last two years at D3; however, we JUST missed the National playoffs this year by one game! Oh well, I still have 3 more years. When Im not playing hockey, I play a lil B-Ball. Right now, I have a fractured wrist (thanks bucknell) so I am a lazy piece of crap, haha. What sports do you guys play?

www.svchockey.com is our website, if anyone was interested

2. ieani macrumors 6502a

ieani

football, soccer, half-marathons (hope to do full next year!)

3. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

I never got into Football (or Soccer here) and definitely not Hockey (sorry Canada!).

Mountain Biking is my main sport with some snowboarding when the snow fills the trails.

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Used to play - cricket, basketball, also have skied since I was 2.

Now - I'm still skiing but the others have fallen by the wayside, have a bit of a hit every now and then but haven't played basketball in years.

5. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

I play 3 sports. Soccer fot fun, usually in goal. Rugby, I play front row for my team Real Canoe, Basketball I play power forward for my team the ICS Pumas. I suck at all the sports. In bastketball all I can really do is shoot I am 75% from inside the key and aroun 50-60% from the triple.

6. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

Tennis (HS and college), Volleyball (HS), Basketball (JV - haha). I could have played volleyball in college as well, but it and tennis were in the same season so I had to pick one. I've played in some church softball leagues but I don't know if that counts.

7. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Anything hockey

Ice hockey, floor hockey, street hockey, roller hockey, mini hockey (that's the best, full contact mini hockey mmmmm)

The only exception is field hockey. can't stand it. No left sticks :(

My second favourite sport is skiing. Been doing that since I was 4. I never really got into the whole park thing though. hmm

8. Sean7512 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, field hockey is the one that I do not play.

9. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Lacrosse mainly now. I used to play soccer and basketball on a team but now I just play those for fun.

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

11. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

Basketball, Football, Bodybuilding and Mixed Martial Arts

12. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

As I'm now an old man (30 :eek: :D ) my athletics and swimming careers are behind me, and the only competitive sport I still play is rugby - outside centre/winger for those who know the game.
    I do want to learn to snowboard at some point this year though...

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

The only thing I do now is jog. I've always been a sprinter, so jogging for long distance is very difficult for me even though I've been doing it for awhile now. I am also trying to teach myself how to swim by forcing myself to swim laps, although I don't go very often. I haven't drown yet, so it must be working.

14. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I played soccer 2 seasons a year (spring & fall) for 11 or 12 years (my last season was my freshman year of college on my school's club team). The vast majority of that was in goal and some at left fullback. I've played racquetball off and on since I was a kid and my friends have a weekly game of volleyball down at the beach (I try to go at least once a month but I think my days of going every week are over sadly). More recently I've started snowboarding and when the weather cooperates w/my schedule I'm going to giving mountain biking a try. :)

Lethal

15. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

LOL

I have played field hockey for about 10 years (stopped about 5 years ago). Quite popular over here in Holland. You certainly have to get used to using the "flat side" of the stick, so you have to learn to play backhands.

But on a weekly basis I play squash. Trying to keep myself in shape.... a bit...
    Too much setting @ desks, and pizza's and beer ;)

16. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Currently I play Football (summer and winter), compete at 100, 200, 400 sprints.

Previously I have played cricket and competed at high jump(until a series of unfortunate events) and long jump.

But I like most sports and casually play whatevers going.

17. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Mainly just golf (helped me through college :cool: ). I also play a bit of racquetball and soccer, and swim to stay in some semblance of shape (round is NOT a shape :p ).

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm in competition with my body. I'm a runner, but I'm skipping out marathons and going straight for the ultra marathon.

Used to be a sprinter. Fastest at my school... well! Second fastest when we had an Australian exchange student. lord he was fast. But I started doing cross country at school. I wasn't brilliant at that, only coming 3rd out of 30 other folk. Never came first. So I trained. Then school finished. now I just go out running every couple of nights. yea :)

19. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

I played cricket a lot a school and still follow England passionately. I did target rifle shooting to a high level too, but my REAL passion is offshore yacht racing.

20. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Well I used to sprint, but I can't make the transition to long distance, and I think it may be physical. I just can't do it. I can run around 10k, but I'm not nearly as fast as some people I know who can average 4 minutes per km over a 14 km or greater distance. But over 5 km, I could do that. :p Just no further than that. Otherwise, I'm very very slow. I'm ok with that. I don't run professionally. It's all for fun and health. However, I can't believe I haven't gotten faster. It took me around 50-55 minutes to between 9-10 km. I'm guessing it was more like 10 km, and it probably around 55 minutes rather than 50. That's 5m30sec per km, which is miserable. :rolleyes:

21. Play Ultimate macrumors 6502

i'm ancient

:eek:
    OK...Let's see:
    Rugby in college and post-college. (Played Lock and winger. I know strange combo.)
    Played lots of volleyball until about 4 years ago. (Knees were shot.)
    Picked up Ultimate Frisbee about 6 years ago and still play that some.
    Play softball. New season starts in 2 weeks.
    Still run and training for another marathon. Possibly Whiskey Row Marathon in Prescott, AZ, Boulder Backroads in Boulder, CO. May try the Imogene Pass Run. (just bought new shoes last night)
    BTW, by these standards, I'm ancient at 44. :rolleyes:

22. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

If I could afford it, I would probably ski every day, year round.

But I can't, so I love skiing in the winter and mountain biking & hiking in the summer. plus I'll play other random stuff with friends, but nothing else on a regular basis.

Oh - Is reading MR threads considered a sport? If so, add that in too. :p

23. motherduce macrumors 6502

I play rugby for The Woodlands Rugby Club. I play flyhalf.

I also play softball on occasion (played baseball for 14 years of my life).

I sometimes wish I lived somewhere closer to snow, so I could ski more. I haven't been in 6-7 years :(.

24. Sean7512 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i wish...

Oh, I wish sooo badly thta I knew how to ski. I want to learn, my one sister and her fiance go skiing all the time, one of these days they said they would take me..but that hasn't happened yet. I think skiing looks extremely fun, but I'm sure that I'd have no idea how to do it, haha.