What Star Trek Episode is this?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by macgeek2005, Jun 4, 2006.

1. macgeek2005 macrumors 65816

I saw a Star Trek episode on TV a few years ago, and I can't find it anywhere cause I don't know what it was.

There was this group of people on this big ship that was sick. Things were growing on it, and it was really gross. There were these guys that would like crawl on the floor, and they were kinda weird, and then there was the tall skinny freak who cloned guys with that injection thing that he did.

Half of his face looked like machine and wires and stuff, and he would go around cloning people.

A few things that I remember out of it were this one guy resisting the cloner, he was like "No, you're not doing that to me" or something like that, and then another scene was of this pilot guy who was falling asleep for some reason. I don't remember much else of that.

The episode ended with the group of heros escaping in an escape pod, and this one big furry guy asked them how are they supposed to know whether he's the original or the clone. He said "How do we know that i'm not the copy?", and that's about all I remember.

Thanks for any help.

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Do you know what series this is from? It doesn't sound like anything I've seen, but then again I never watched "Enterprise", so if it's from that, I wouldn't know.

3. Timepass macrumors 65816

it would help if you would tell us what serios is it from. Voyager, TNG, TOS, DS9 or Enterprise.

4. macgeek2005 thread starter macrumors 65816

I have no clue. But I think it might be Voyager.

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

That's not from any Star Trek series I know of. I'm pretty sure you're talking about an episode of the new The Outer Limits called Tempests... the episode starred Eric McCormack (Will from Will and Grace) and Burt Young (from Rocky).

6. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Yup, I've seen every episode of every Star Trek at least twice (except Enterprise), and it doesn't sound familiar.

Maybe I missed one though (for shame! :eek: ).

7. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Same here except I haven't seen TOS either. I honestly can't think of the episode you're describing. The only thing that came to mind was that the species you described is a bit Borg like. They don't clone though they assimilate. If it was the Borg then it was probably Voyager, as there were only a few TNG episodes with the Borg.

8. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

This is bugging me, because I vaguely remember seeing what macgeek2005 is describing, but for the life of me can't remember clearly. Hopefully someone will come up with it.

I also wonder if I just think that I remember it, but actually I haven't seen it and this is all some whack psychology experiment thing :eek:

9. Timepass macrumors 65816

well one thing I know for sure is it wasnt DS9. I seen almost every episod of that 3 to 4 times.

Something that could help is if you knew what ear it was in. Some how I do think it enterprise.

So it would help if we knew if it was TOS or one of the others. TOS is so diffenent in how things look that it should not get confused as easily (uniforms are so radicly different and everything)

10. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I love DS9, I've just started watching them again for about the 5th time and I'm already up to season 4. :eek:

I still can't think of anything either, so I has to be Enterprise (I couldn't stand to watch more than a few episodes), TOS or a completely different show all together. :)

11. ManchesterTrix macrumors 6502

12. Timepass macrumors 65816

Holy crap that is exactly what it is. I know what episod you are talking about.

it was not star trek at all. It was Farscape. Sadly I dont have them on my computer any more (and I dont know where my back up DVD is) other wise I could tell you exact episod number

13. menziep macrumors 6502a

Same here except seasons 1,2 and 3 of enterprise, i watched season 4.:)

14. menziep macrumors 6502a

I Love DS9 to i think it was one of the best star trek searies

15. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

AH! Noooo!

Sorry.. *cough cough*

I think Voyager is the best of the lot, frankly. Stayed good until the end, whereas TNG kinda died near the end and I just never watched past Season 4 of DS9.

16. Timepass macrumors 65816

ah you stop watching right before the best part of DS9. Season 4 seems to point when everything comes together in every one of the star treks out there.

17. vniow macrumors G4

Does every thread that mentions a sci-fi franchise have to turn into a pissing match between members to determine which one is better?

Geeks.

18. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Except for in TOS. :p

19. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Well it wouldn't have to if they'd all just admit I was right. :D
    And my mom says I'm cool!

20. macgeek2005 thread starter macrumors 65816

Is that the episode number?

Can you give me a link to where I can buy the DVD?

21. menziep macrumors 6502a

Yeah!:)

22. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Yes, and title of the episode.
    Amazon.com has all of Farscape... but rather expensive...

Could be cheaper to buy Refgion 2 disks from Sendit in the UK (that's where I got the complete series, as the episodes were released): Here's the 2 DVD box with the episode in question for £9.99.

Edit: On the other hand, with the weak dollar at the moment you might be better off buying from a US shop (assuming that you live there, of course ;)).

Get all four seasons (plus the extra mini series). It's well worth it... ;)

23. macgeek2005 thread starter macrumors 65816

I always buy from amazon.com, price isn't an issue for me.

Is there a box set that has them all? Or do I have to go fishing out all the seperate DVD's?

24. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo