what states or regions would you most want to live in?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Jul 31, 2003.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

for the united states, hawaii is my favorite, virginia my least favorite

in the uk, i really enjoyed bude and clovelly

in the whole world, the south pacific captures my fancy the most, while i would least like to live on the south pole:p

thoughts?

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Didn't we have a similar thread 2 days ago?

In the US, I think I would want to live in Hawaii. :D

I wouldn't mind living in London, or Paris or something, but I'm happy in Canada.

Oh, plus Sweden for its "scenery". ;)

3. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

I love my hometown of San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Worldwide, I'd have to say Rome, Italy is just awesome.

In the US, it's New York City, baby!

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'd just like to have enough money to have a couple homes - Alaska, VA, and some place tropical. :D

D

5. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

Seattle really appeals to me. Where I live now is great (SF bay area), and NYC. not many other places I'd like to live in the US.

For the rest of the world, I love the dingle peninsula in ireland, and London.

6. iGav macrumors G3

As much as I love London....

I'd chew my arm off to move either to San-Francisco or pref Tomales Bay up in the Pt Reyes National Seashore, California, a very, very beautiful part of the world, I can very much imagine running my own studio from there... It's also exactly like the south west coast of england, crappy weather and wind swept landscapes!

I'd also do Seattle, I was struck how cosmo it was, but with a heavy European sophistication and stonking geographical setting, I think Vancouver would be somewhat similar too...

I like New York as a city, although London nails it for nightlife, but NYC has the better winters... ;)

I really need to meet an american girl!! heh-heh!!

Jef you live in one of the most beautiful places on earth don't you?? ;) Sure beats Walthamstow!! :p

7. iGav macrumors G3

you have impeccable taste in locations sir... ;)

Did you get to see Ballinskelligs when you were over in Ireland?

8. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

northern california is very nice...many prefer the south end of the state, but overall california is very nice

i hope you meet an american girl, and i hope you still don't think i am a female posing to be a male here at macrumors calling myself jef hatfield instead of juliana hatfield:p

9. iGav macrumors G3

I prefer the cold, the wind, the fog... I'm not much of a sun lover at all...

And the american girl would certainly beat the 90 day visa as a passport to living stateside... :)

The other way would be to grass the whereabouts of Saddam... I think that would also get you into the U.S. to live... with alot of money as well! and possibly a change of identity too!! heh-heh!

Porthtowan in Cornwall is also a cool place, stonking surf...

I quite fancy trying out Sweden, Norway and Finland... nice, cold places... :D

10. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

If the CIA or some other 'dodgy' agency don't kill you off quietly first...

...*shock! horror!* The man who gave Saddam to the U.S has been involved in a tragic car accident just before he arrived @ the White House to collect his cheque :eek: :p ;) :D

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You live in Walthamstow!! :eek: Haha, just kidding. I've been there once to go to the market. I never went back. :p

And why are people so big on Seattle? You're right that Vancouver is similar in terms of the weather, but Vancouver is the nicest city in the world to live in, while Seattle isn't. I'm sure its nice, but Vancouver is outclasses almost every city. And I'm a person who hates to say stuff like that since I'm from Toronto and da T-dot is #1. However, it seems like most people would choose a place like Seattle because it's in America, and people don't know what to think about Vancouver and Canada. :(

Oh, and I forgot the requisite "eh!?" at the end of my sentence. Oops.

12. iGav macrumors G3

It'd be a scam mate, they'd fake it all and send you off to that desert diner where Elvis hangs! :p

13. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

as much as i don't like our current prez, i don't think washington would off you

the government spends much more on other things which they can cut but don't due to kickbacks dems and republicans receive

somehow though, i don't think saddam is alive...but elvis may be:p

my gut feeling also tells me bin laden, jim morrison, and hitler (saw great tv documentary on this) are dead, but there are a few doubts that people raise from time to time...is there solid proof of any of their deaths?

nobody seems to question whether jimi hendrix, jerry garcia, or janis joplin are off somewhere living a quiet lives as ex-hippies:p

14. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

There are 2 cities where I'd live other than New Orleans...

San Francisco & Washington DC :D

I could settle for anywhere on the west coast...northern California...

as for out of this country...the Mediterranean... ;)

15. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

16. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

In the U.S.A., Philadelphia, New Jersey, or New York City area first or maybe San Fran Bay Area.

Outside of that, any major city on Japan's main island. England, Hungary, and Australia also have appeal.

17. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I wouldn't mind living in California or NYC. Maybe Cupertino. ;)

18. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

My preference is still the same as on my dream sheet for the Air Force. I prefer to live in the Northern regions of the US. It's because I like snow and sold weather!

19. actripxl macrumors 6502

actripxl

Well I love Miami, but I Australia would be my next pick, followed by someplace in France or Italy. I grew up in Chicago, but not a real fan of the cold anymore. Lived in the Dominican Rep. and P.R. for a few years but not really estatic about either one though D.R. has some great beaches.

20. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Lincoln, NE. No, er, wait a minute... ;)

I think I would most want to live somewhere, anywhere on the California coast, as long as it wasn't right next to anyone else, and not near a big city. Maybe an hour away from a big city.

Regards,
    Gus

21. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

i'd like to live in alaska...nice country at the right time of year

22. medea macrumors 68030

medea

well I'm moving to NYC in a year to two, circumstances depending.
    later on in life I'd like to move to France.

23. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

24. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Well right now I live in Texas.... Hot, humid Texas. I would really love to live in Hawaii . However, if I had to live in the continental United States, I would love to live in Colorado. I am pretty much tired of NO snow, where the lowest temp. it gets here in the winter is 30, and where in the summer it gets to 100 degrees. I really don't like the landscape here in Texas. Hawaii would be really nice. 75-95 degrees is the perfect temperature (for me), and I am sure I wouldn't want the snow if it didn't get so hot all of the time.

-Capt Underpants

25. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Out of any place in the world I would want to live in Northern Italy along the coastline. As for the US, I'm fine where I am.