What stupid thing did you do today?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Leareth, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

Here is my dumb moment of the day :

I was demostrating to a class how easy it is to microchip animals and people with the microchip syringe device and implanted the microchip into ME by accident. Now it is going to take surgery to get it out but until then I have an unique ID number and set off all sorts of door detectors. I had my bag searched in three stores today and still kept beeping, they did not believe me that I have a chip in my wrist.... :eek: :D :eek:

Please post your dumb moments of the day just to cheer me up, though I have the feeling mine is going to take the cake...

2. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Wow that is.. certainly a new one ;)

Well since i've been sick and house bound i was sort of limited to stupidity within my home. The dumbest thing i can think of is not checking the temperature of my corn muffin when i took it out of the microwave this morning, gave my mouth a slight surprise. Then to calm that I drank, what else, scalding tea :p

3. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I don't think anyone is toppin that, which totally sucks by the way. So you actually stuck a needle in yourself for a demonstration? That seems a little excessive for a demonstration. I'm sure they would of taken your word for it.

4. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

The description of the event reminded me of this video :D

5. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

wow thats the funniest thing I have ever read. Shot my self in the foot with my new paintball gun.

6. Leareth thread starter macrumors 68000

Leareth

I was just showing them how easy they are to put in when literally my hand slipped and I pressed down and voila... I am left handed and I was handling it right
    the freaky neat thing is you really cannot feel it under you skin and the puncture site in near invisible - so I quickly turned the lecture into a feely/conspiracy type lecture. Seriously you cannot tell there is anything in my wrist/forearm...

7. Leareth thread starter macrumors 68000

Leareth

You should see my lecture where I bash pig heads with machetes, hammers and baseball bats...the pigs are dead in case you are wondering... and its for a forensic anthropology class.

8. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

^^ until you walk by a department store.

I thought about having magnets in plated into my finger tips but was worried it might look weird.

9. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Well, I have my animal phisiology final on wednesday and I didn't study. Now I'll have to pull an all nighter to make up for missing time :eek:

That microchip story is the weirdest, funniest thing I've heard this year :D

10. Leareth thread starter macrumors 68000

Leareth

I know a couple people with magnets in their finger tips, its cool for a while, but then the magnets fall apart and need to be surgically removed ( about 2 years) $$$$$...

... I have a bloody microchip in my forearm that sets of all sorts of detectors and I am supposed to be flying in three weeks, guess what you can't fly with a microchip unless you are an animal... I can't wait till tomorrow when I go to the courthouse and I set off the detectors and I have to explain to the guard why...

11. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Have you checked your local pet store for extra large travel cages? :eek: :p

12. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

Is it not just an SSID chip? Or is it like a small, very, computer that runs on betteries for years?

13. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

He migt also want to go to the vet and get the required shots, rabies, distemper, etc. :p

14. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

....and spayed and neutered :p
    nothing really, looked at an apartment and did some hw...:rolleyes:

15. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

Spayed AND neutered?! :eek:

Hm...

16. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

My dumb moment today was signing up for MySpace. What was I thinking?

17. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

18. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

opps
    or* :p

19. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

Glad you clarrified. :p

20. Leareth thread starter macrumors 68000

Leareth

it is suppossed to be an passive RFID chip... at least according to the manufacturer
    here is picture of what it looked like so you can see it was pretty easy for this to happen.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

21. Leareth thread starter macrumors 68000

Leareth

see above comments...

22. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Ah, didn't read that carefully enough the first time. I didn't realize they wouldn't let you fly.

That leads me to my next question: Why aren't people allowed to have these things?

23. Leareth thread starter macrumors 68000

Leareth

there are people who have them legally... they are becoming more common in long term care facilities and a club in Amsterdam uses them for VIP clients to bill them for their cover charges and drinks.
    In nevada they are being tried for adult entertainment house to keep track of the workers.

the thing is they can be misused, as in used to set off a bomb for example if the person gets with a certain distance.

24. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

^^^Advanced suicide bombers?

Today, I woke up, logged on to MacRumours, and......that's it. Now I'm stuck -- unproductive.

25. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

How long does it take to get it out? Is it done the same day or do you have to stay overnight at the clinic?