What the Bleep Do We (K)now!?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Foucault, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Foucault macrumors 6502

Dec 30, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    I don't know if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find it in the forums. Has anyone here seen the movie/documentary "What The Bleed Do We (K)now!?" How has it changed the way you look at your existence? I just saw the movie last night, and it's got me curious as to how far I want to go through the rabbit hole. I'm curious as how other people reacted to this movie... Thanks

"I'm taking this time to create my day, and I'm infecting the Quantum Field. Now, if it is in fact, the observer's watching me the whole time that I'm doing this, and there is a spiritual aspect to myself. Then, show me a sign today, that you paid attention to any one of these things that I created, and bring them in a way that I won't expect." - Dr. Joe Dispenza
  2. Dros macrumors 6502

Jun 25, 2003
    That movie was made by the Ramtha School of Enlightment, founded by a woman who channels a 35,000 warrior from Atlantis.

It has some interesting parts, but be a little skeptical.
  3. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

Dec 16, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    <<She was just another Tacoma housewife until a Sunday afternoon in 1977, when she put a cardboard pyramid on her head and was startled by a shining apparition, 7 feet tall, with "black dancing eyes" standing in her kitchen.>>

Umm yeah.

<<Ramtha's disciples (known as "masters") have now swelled to an estimated 5,000 people around the globe, who plunk down $1,000 for a weeklong spell of ancient wisdom every year. To cater to this spiritual hunger, Knight employs 60 people churning out books, tapes, CDs, videos, posters, scents, lotions, candles and elvish capes.>>

Sucker, party of five thousand, your table is ready.

I don't have to read anymore of this. We have a word for these things. They're called cults.
  4. Lloyd1994 macrumors member

Aug 31, 2004
    The Willamette Week did a little investigating on this movie's experts.

Experts' resumes at bottom of page

Hard to take it objectively after learning of the biases of the makers (and I also read that the experts portrayed in the movie that are reputable scientists said the movie grossly misinterpreted their statements). I just hope they don't start putting salmonella in our buffets; our Northwest cults have a tradition of doing that ;)
  5. mcadam macrumors 6502a

Apr 3, 2004
    Great, they also run a school that teaches the kids telepathy and mind reading... They are probably harder to fool in the long run than grownups, but they must be living in a strange reality...

6. Foucault thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 30, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    I am in no way supporting the new agey conclusions that the movie imposes in the end. I was more intrigued with the physics part of it during the first half of the movie, I kinda lost interest once they put out their propaganda for their scientology-like suppositions. I enjoyed the questions that they posed, I just didn't like the fact that they answered it, which almost contradicts their earlier statement in the movie that life and the universe in general is an enigma.
  7. yellow Moderator emeritus

Oct 21, 2003
    Portland, OR
    Sweet.. I have something to tease my oregonian wife about when I get home! Yet another indication that the west cost is the crazy coast. :)