What the? Deja vu installs by itself?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zen, Apr 7, 2004.

1. zen macrumors 65816

Jun 26, 2003
    Ok, new iBook G4, clean install of 10.3.3, downloaded a few software updates. Installed a couple of games, MS Office, that's it. Installed MS mouse preference pane as I use an intellimouse explorer.

The other day I installed Toast Titanium 6. Cool.

Imagine my surprise when this morning I open system preferences, and sitting next to the MS mouse preference pane down the bottom is one for Deja Vu.

What the hell???

So I've looked it up on the net, and discovered it is a backup application. But I certainly didn't download it, or install it! Does it come with Toast 6 or something?

Amazingly weird. So, how do I get rid of it? Just search for Deja vu and delete everything that comes up?

Zen (highly puzzled)
  2. KershMan macrumors 6502

Feb 10, 2003
    VA, USA
    Yep, it comes with Toast 6.0. So if you did a full install, you installed Deja Vu without knowing it :)

There is no need to delete it. It is a pretty good, light weight backup application.
  3. zen thread starter macrumors 65816

Jun 26, 2003
    Cheeky sods! The installer didn't even ask :D

I guess I can leave it there, although this is only a home machine and I doubt I will ever use it. I'm also slightly suspicious of apps that install as a preference pane, seems like the wrong way to do things, says me!

4. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Sep 22, 2002
    New York
    It asked me...

Attached Files:

5. abhishekit macrumors 65816

Nov 6, 2003
    akron , ohio
    yah..i also installed it by mistake...actually i dint know what was deja vu..until it revealed itself :D
    but u cn delete it..just goto library/preference pane....not your library..the root library...i threw it..