What the heck is an Apple iNote?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by marcsiry, Feb 20, 2003.

1. marcsiry macrumors member

Is Lindows.com on crack, or do they know something we don't?

Story on Yahoo here

2. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Okay this is the third time I've answered this this morning. Next person gets a smack on the head.;)

iNote is a common press abreviation for the iBook. Combine iBook and Notebook then abbreviate it and you get iNote.

3. chicagdan macrumors 6502a

How can a word with the same number of letters be an abbreviation? It's a stupid nickname. They don't say iBook because it would be a blantant lie if they say it costs twice as much as their box. They need the cover of obscurity.

4. uhlawboi80 macrumors 6502

well if you look they do say iBook then say for 1799 at 867 mhz. ONE, thats the 12" powerbook. and i doubt that it weighs twice as much as their lindows machine...that would make there machine weight 2.3 lbs.

And you cant compare a shotty lindows machine to a powerbook!

5. marcsiry thread starter macrumors member

Common press abbreviation?

If it was so common, I think it would turn up more than zero occurrences on Google- what does turn up, though, is a Wintel laptop called iNote

Lindows probably can't get their names straight. Apologies if this is a dupe post, but I scanned the forums and didn't see any other threads on this subject.

On a side note- it's somewhat pathetic what a rip-off the Lindows site is of Apple.com. Of course, it's a crappy copy- almost impossible to find their machines.

6. howard macrumors 68020

howard

7. KershMan macrumors 6502

From the article:

"The company contrasted its Lindows Mobile PC to an Apple iBook notebook computer priced at $1,799 with a 867 megahertz processor. The Apple iNote is nearly twice the weight but also boasts a hard disk double the size of the Lindows machine. "

So Apple iBook notebook = iNote in their silly reference. Nothing new.

8. daniel77 macrumors 6502

9. vniow macrumors G4

posted by me in another thread

10. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

Re: posted by me in another thread

Yo' links don' work! :p

And neither does the "guest" link on the forum browser page. Is it because I'm running Windows?

11. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

i get the same error message as the first link. do i have to be a lindows.com forum member?

12. vniow macrumors G4

No, they arranged their forums so that guests could post in a specific area, I'm always logged in so I don't know how outsiders would go about posting.

Try this:

Go to www.lindows.com, then click on the My. Lindows tab at the top and you should see something that says:

Follow the instructions and you should be good to go.

Hope this works.

Attached Files:

13. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

Tried it, I get an invalid username error.

14. vniow macrumors G4

Well damn.

Try some of the links at the top of the page, specifically the logout and main index ones.

That should work, if it doesn't, then I don't know what to tell you.

15. leprechaunG4 macrumors member

There is actually a "laptop" called an iNote that is not made by apple at all. It's this like economy laptop, it doesn't actually have an internal battery. It's really a wierd machine. The lack of internal battery makes it cheap, but means you have to plug it in to the wall, or buy their external battery. Also goes under a name of DeskNote, and i-buddie. Look around for something like ECS USA or some company like that see what you find.

However, this lindows article seems completely confused. Likely because they have no clue what they are talking about and are using manipulative confusing BS in an attempt to sell their piece of crap product.

16. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Ah, but it is shorter then saying iBook Notebook.