What the heck is going on with my iPOD???

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ShadowHunter, Dec 25, 2003.

1. ShadowHunter macrumors regular

Ok, so I got a 20gb iPod for xmas; after figuring out why my iPod would not connect to my PC (not formatted for Windows), I finally get iTunes to sync the songs. I'm sayin' "yeah, now I can finally hear music"....only to find not a single song on my iPod??? What the heck?? I watched it copy, it took like 20 minutes! I found an Apple support article on this exacty problem, but it pertains to Musicmatch?? This sucks, I am really going to re-consider switching if this doesn't get resolved soon. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Re: What the heck is going on with my iPOD???

ok lets put the pouting aside :rolleyes:. For one, shouldnt take 20 minutes. Try using the restore utility utility again to reformat it and make it all good again. if that doesnt work browse apple site some more. it could be that your ipod is just messed up, but you are on windows so who the hell knows what is up. if it is broken all you do is send it back to apple and they will send you a brand new one. also give the program ephpod a try. its not itunes but whether or not it works will tell you alot about your situation.

iJon

3. ShadowHunter thread starter macrumors regular

Re: Re: What the heck is going on with my iPOD???

ROFLMAOPIMP I figured it out!!!!!!! Turns out its a Windows problem, figures!!!

Windows always mounts devices in the first available drive letter. For some reason, it doesn't always recognize network drives as taken! So when it mounted the iPod to "F:\", that is the drive letter of one of my network drives. I was syncing my iPod to my network server, LOL!!!!!!!

Now I feel like an ass; turns out it was Windows! Sorry everyone!

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Re: Re: Re: What the heck is going on with my iPOD???

and you were reconsidering switching, how much is it gonna take for you windows users to wake up :)

iJon

5. ShadowHunter thread starter macrumors regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: What the heck is going on with my iPOD???

Yeah well, I have been waking up; I just had a momentary groggy feeling.

I am humbled once again....

edit: Now that I have it working, the 20 minutes or so I've used it I have fallen in love. Simply the greatest music tool ever! It sounds great and is easy to use. Beats every other player I've tried!