Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flux Harmonic

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Canada
Ok so here's the deal. I have a powermac g5 single 1.8 ghz. I have two Acer AL1716 monitors hooked up to it -- one uses a vga to dvi converter, the other uses a vga to adc converter. For some reason, when I turn on my computer, the left display's image is shifted to the left almost a full inch. I can go into its settings and drag the horizontal position all the way over to the right, but that still doesn't quite line it up with the actual edge of the screen. Using the auto-config button on the screen just puts it back to the spot where there's an inch gap. I can't find any settings in OS X that will fix this. I have no idea whether it's the software, or the screen, or the damn graphics card that's causing this to happen. Does anyone have any ideas at all?

snickelfritz

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Tucson AZ
Are the displays correctly identified in Displays Preferences and System Profiler?
Try swapping the display connections. If the image shifting stays with the same display you can probably eliminate the videocard as the source.

Sounds like an internal display problem or a display driver issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.