What the hell is wrong with people? Part 8,235,291,418,709

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Nov 19, 2006.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

http://www.ksdk.com/news/education/education_article.aspx?storyid=107640

In short, it's a bunch of parents making a big deal over a book that's about 2 male penguins raising a baby penguin. Fortunately, the school plans to keep the book on the shelves, but does our society have its head planted ever so far up its own ass that we can't even handle a childrens' book about a few penguins? So who cares if they're gay, I doubt most kids would even notice it, they'll just be happy that the penguins live happily ever after.

2. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

well, i honestly don't see any other issue floating around in the country right now more relevant than penguin's relationships. :rolleyes:

some people's priorities are really messed up.

by the way, the book is based on the true story of a homosexual penguin couple in the new york zoo, who raised a chick from an extra egg of a hetero couple, after unsuccessfully trying to hatch a rock.
    them newyorkers! :)

3. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Hey, gay penguins. Next you'll have gay waiters, gay conductors, they'll be gay all over the place. Anarchy, I tell you.
    Cats and dogs living together! Gay cats and dogs!

Anarchy!

4. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

You know, objecting to a book about gay penguins is stupid.

Objecting to a book based on a *true story* about gay penguins is ludicrous.

Today: gay penguins. Tomorrow: the End of Civilization as We Know It.