What the hell is wrong with this camera???

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by biohazard6969, Nov 2, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

ok, so all the pictures taken with my camera are looking extremely grainy and off colour, all the pixels seem to be a different colour.....can anyone tell me whats going on, heres an example pic i tyook of my iMac...i don't know if my problem will show up because i'll have to scale down the photo to post..........

Attached Files:

2. Moderator emeritus

It seems to be taking photos sideways, too.

Did you accidentally choose a lower quality and/or resolution setting? It would seem that the photo was either taken in low light without a flash, if it's not a low quality/low resolution problem.

3. macrumors 68030

homerjward

is it by chance a small point and shoot? that's noise from the combination of low light/high iso/small sensor/other things. it's fairly normal.
    try setting your iso value to the lowest and/or using a flash.

4. macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

This is what i was going to guess. If you have any way of manually adjusting ISO levels, the lower the number (i.e. 200 or 400), the lower the noise.

Another possibility is damage to the CCD that can occur with extreme exposure to light. This is unlikely in a point and shoot with an affixed lens.

5. macrumors 68020

alex_ant

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

thanks a lot, none of it really helped though, i think the cam's just dying anyways, its gotta be closing on 4-5 years old...i'm probably getttin ga new one for christmas neways...

7. macrumors regular

This looks like a white balance problem, along with low light.