What the hell

Discussion in 'Community' started by beez7777, Jan 11, 2003.

1. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

I can't believe how messed up some people can be. What could possibly drive them to do such a thing to a child. jeez, i wouldn't even be able to yell at a small kid without feeling bad.

"CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) - The mother of a 5-year-old boy who police say died after hours of torture by a live-in boyfriend broke down in court, crying in her own mother's arms that she was sorry.
    Her boyfriend, Nicholas Hilt, 23, was charged with murder, rape, child abuse and attempted murder. A judge set bond at $2.5 million.

An affidavit read in court said Hilt told police in a taped statement he repeatedly slammed the kindergarten student into walls of his girlfriend's duplex Monday night - two days after he held the boy underwater in a YMCA swimming pool until he stopped breathing and had to be resuscitated."

here's a link to the article on CNN:
    http://channels.netscape.com/ns/new.../ff/story/0001/20030111/043531986.htm&sc=1110

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

yeah between this and those 3 kids kept in the basement, burned and starved (one of them died)... i seriously cant believe it... i've always been a firm believer that human nature makes you protect your children, or children in general, and not hurt them... but some people are mentally ill, or sociopathic... actually i wonder if there isn't a specific form of sociopathy that applies to adults dealing with children... why can't there just be an easy way to fix this...

we live in a sick world.
    :(
    pnw

3. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Some people truly are insane.... Poor kid..... In some ways it is
    better that he isn't here to live a life of tragedy. :( :(