What the hell

Discussion in 'Community' started by beez7777, Jan 11, 2003.

1. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

Aug 5, 2002
    Notre Dame
    I can't believe how messed up some people can be. What could possibly drive them to do such a thing to a child. jeez, i wouldn't even be able to yell at a small kid without feeling bad.

"CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) - The mother of a 5-year-old boy who police say died after hours of torture by a live-in boyfriend broke down in court, crying in her own mother's arms that she was sorry.
    Her boyfriend, Nicholas Hilt, 23, was charged with murder, rape, child abuse and attempted murder. A judge set bond at $2.5 million.

An affidavit read in court said Hilt told police in a taped statement he repeatedly slammed the kindergarten student into walls of his girlfriend's duplex Monday night - two days after he held the boy underwater in a YMCA swimming pool until he stopped breathing and had to be resuscitated."

here's a link to the article on CNN:
  2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    yeah between this and those 3 kids kept in the basement, burned and starved (one of them died)... i seriously cant believe it... i've always been a firm believer that human nature makes you protect your children, or children in general, and not hurt them... but some people are mentally ill, or sociopathic... actually i wonder if there isn't a specific form of sociopathy that applies to adults dealing with children... why can't there just be an easy way to fix this...

we live in a sick world.
  3. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
    Some people truly are insane.... Poor kid..... In some ways it is
    better that he isn't here to live a life of tragedy. :( :(