What time will they be available?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ralittle2, Nov 19, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Regardless of the day the new iMac's launch, what is the tip off that that they are available on a day? In other words, what time of day in the U.S. will they show up on the online store? Past launches for certain products have taken place during an Apple event, but this time there will be no event.

2. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No one knows but Apple.

3. macrumors 6502a

typically everything happens with Apple either at 9am PT, or at 10am PT (usually just announcements/events though)

but, it's Apple, and pre-announcing a product like this isn't exactly "typical"

I'll be refreshing every day at 9am ET, 12pm ET and 1pm ET (and maybe a few times in the afternoon) until they're available :)

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx for your reply. I just wondered how and if this was coordinated to the opening of the Apple retail stores. I live in ET, and I think the stores open at either 9 or 10 a.m., so I'd expect that once they open and if there isn't anything under the XMAS tree then it would have to wait till the next day. Unless online ordering happened before you can buy in the store, which I'd doubt, but then again who knows.

5. macrumors regular

When they go for sale online it will be posted here about 10 seconds later :)

6. macrumors 6502

7. macrumors regular

MacGizmo

If I were a betting man, I would put a chunk of cash down on Black Friday morning. Very early morning.

8. macrumors 6502

probably released tomorrow since they're part of the black Friday sale. They wouldn't be in the sale if you couldn't buy them.

:D

9. macrumors G3

Apple fanboy

You think it will take that long?

----------

No they are not. Now don't be so mean!

10. macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

11. macrumors regular

garrize

Feels weird to me iMacs being released just before the Black Friday. If they were to release it tomorrow they would be sold out before Black Friday don't you think?...

I don't know... It would help to know the stock they'll have when they release the iMacs.

My guess would be November the 27th. But I'm just guessing. I want my brand new iMac as soon as possible. :D