What tips and software

Discussion in 'macOS' started by laurence1987, Sep 26, 2006.

1. laurence1987 macrumors newbie

laurence1987

Basicly i haven't used a mac well a modern mac since the 80's which was a mac classic still works which is quite amazing. I was wondering what tips anyone could give me as i want to get the best start using Mac OS X as i used the oldest mac OS basicly so a few things are diffrent. As well i was wondering what added software people use for programmin, gaming and general text editing.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Welcome back. :)

Macs are intuitive. If you get stuck trying to do something the old Windows way, then think to yourself how it should be done and try that. Most of the time you'll find it works. :)

3. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

A search of the forums will reveal many threads on the topics you ask about.

Here's a tip - In Safari, go to Edit menu -> Spelling -> Check spelling as you type. :D

Welcome to MR.

4. ddekker macrumors regular

programs for mac

I find that I go to versiontracker.com for about anything I can think of... I am fairly new to the mac world and had a friend tel me about it... I now post all those quirky little things I run into on my blog hoping it might help others out, or I go to the leartomac.com site