What to ask for my imac g5 -20inch

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by goodwill, Jul 14, 2006.

1. macrumors regular

Jan 8, 2004
    I am selling my imac g5 on ebay and I am curious as to what I should offer and expect in regard to pricing. It is an awesome computer that I upgraded to 2gb of ram. 250gb, 2ghz with aperture, ms office, ilife 06, iwork 06, photoshop cs1, quicktime pro amongst other things. Everything is owned software, not pirated, stolen etc. It is is in flawless condidtion, with a wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse also in the same condition. It has Tiger 10.4.7 and all the pixels are alive and well. It is however, the imac g5 that was released right before apple switched to intel, so it does not have intel inside. literally. Legitimately, what should I expect with these components and this computer? Any help would be definately appreciated. I may even name my first born after you.
  2. macrumors newbie

Aug 4, 2005
    For the iMac G5 itself I've seen them go for $1100 and less on Craigslist.
  3. macrumors regular

Apr 13, 2006
  4. thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 8, 2004
    wow, it went for 2400.00. you guys were way off!!
  5. macrumors 68020

Dec 4, 2005
    Still here.
  6. macrumors 68040

Um proof please, that sounds way too high. I have seen fully loaded PowerMacs go for less!
  7. macrumors 68040

May 3, 2005
    Washington, DC
    My guess is he sold the software with it, but forgot to include the "original" discs.
  8. macrumors 65816

Sep 3, 2005
    Pacific Northwest
    $2400 is more that a new iMac, did you ship all that software with it? If you did not then it not worth it and some poor sucker got robbed, robbed really bad. But if all the disk etc got ship with it then wow what a deal, and I think it was worth it. BTW if you did not ship the license and disk then the buyer has pirated software.
  9. dcv
    macrumors G3

May 24, 2005

If it's 2GHz (not 2.1GHz) then it's a revision B, which is *not* the one that was released before the Intels came out.