What to buy a MAC lover for xmas

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by annanelson1985, Nov 22, 2006.

1. annanelson1985 macrumors newbie

Nov 22, 2006
    Hi everyone, sorry to be a pain. My boyfriend is in love with macs, but he works for mac already and has most of the stuff that he likes already, but does anyone know of any unusual, semi cheap presents that a mac lover may want for xmas? I was thinking about a mac magazine subscription, are there any particuarly good magazines that rank above others??

If anyone has any ideas i would greately appreciate it, im looking to spend about £50 or US$100 at the most.

tHanks everyone:confused:

2. Kidman13 macrumors regular

May 16, 2006
    A mac magazine subscription is not a bad idea. I personally enjoy Macworld (and I believe that it is also the most popular). So I guess you couldn't go wrong there.

BTW: Your BF is so lucky to have a girl that cares so much for him, that she comes all the to MACRUMORS Forums, creates an account just to ask what to get her boyfriend. Damn he is lucky...
  3. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

Jan 10, 2006
    I used to subscribe to MacUser (in the UK) but once I found this place I cancelled as I got way more information from here without the wallet knowing about it. Me and my wallet didnt get on you see. :D

If he is a Mac lover chances are he has everything he needs and loads of stuff he doesnt. Maybe you could do a photobook in iPhoto of you both, just make sure he doesnt see it on the computer. :D

4. emptyCup macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2005
    Get him an iTunes Gift Card. Then take him out to dinner and reminder him that it is okay to like our things but we should love people. May your holidays be joyous.
  5. blitzkrieg79 macrumors 6502

Mar 9, 2005
    currently USA
    If he is in love with Macs so much I would suggest buying him an iCondom but then again Macs are virus free so it's all good. Seriously, if he is into design I would probably subscribe him Computer Arts magazine (http://www.computerarts.co.uk/), I live in US and have to pay over $100 bucks yearly for this thing but it's the best design magazine out there (a lot of step by step examples and not a whole lot of advertising). MacWorld is a bit boring, a lot of advertising, some reviews/interviews, and not a whole lot of examples of what you can actually do with your computer. But thats my opinion :p
  6. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

Mar 22, 2006
    Maybe a new iPod shuffle. They are a tiny bit over the amount you want to spend (£55), but they are really cool. As a Apple fan he probably already has an iPod, but the shuffle is a great second iPod (or third, fourth, fifth etc. :D).
  7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    If he has an iPod, I suggest looking at iPod accessories, in particular speakers. There are many shapes and sizes to choose from, from affordable to not-so-affordable.
  8. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

Apr 2, 2006
    A magazine subscription or an iTunes gift card/certificate;)

I subscribe to the digital version of Macworld with Zinio, and I love it:) :D
  9. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

Feb 4, 2004
    Florida Resident
    All the keynotes on DVD. The hard part is finding them online. Perhaps get a bluetooth keyboard / mouse or firewire powered mini external drive. Zinio is also good.

10. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

Jul 27, 2006
    Wow this is really neat. In what format are the mags sent? Are they e-mailed?
  11. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Oct 31, 2006
    You are e-mailed when a new issue is available. Then you start Zinio and download the mag. Very easy process. Works very well on my tablet pc!
  12. topgun072003 macrumors 6502

Sep 11, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    someone's jealous....:p
  13. FFTT macrumors 68030

Apr 17, 2004
    A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
    Western Digital MyBook Pro external drive.
    Gift certificate to OWC
    Cleaning accessories, screen cleaner, compressed air etc.
    CD's and DVD's
    Toslink cables
    Powered nearfield monitors
    RTAS, VST or AU plugins depending on DAW
    Good noise reducing headphones
    Peter Gabriel Still Growing Up Live and Unwrapped
    The Addams Family-Relatively Freaky-Volume One
    Young Frankenstein-Mel Brooks
    Apple Care
    M-Audio keyboard
    Apogee Ensemble :D
    Apogee Symphony card
    A good condenser Mic
    RME ADI-2
    Space heater
    iPod Socks
    Anything from Bryston
    API Lunchbox
  14. risc macrumors 68030

Jul 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Ask him if he wants you to role play. Maybe you could let him call you Steve one night.

/me runs!
  15. backsidetailsli macrumors 65816

Aug 1, 2006
  16. andy89 macrumors 6502

May 22, 2005
    Folkestone, England
    noooo dont get mac world! that sucks.
    get mac format!