What to buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nitynate, May 23, 2006.

1. nitynate macrumors 6502a

Jan 22, 2006
    Clearwater, FL
    I already have a 17 inch iMac and I need a notebook for plane rides and stuff.

I want a 12" powerbook or iBook with decent specs and airport for web browsing, and simple audio editing.

Any recommendations for a 14 year old under $600?
  2. tristan macrumors 6502a

Jul 19, 2003
    high-rise in beautiful bethesda
    At that price range you're basically looking at used Mac Minis and iBooks, and then you won't have any money for RAM, etc. Sorry. You're best options therefore are a summer job and/or parental blackmail. Tell 'em you join the MS-13 unless you get a MacBook.
  3. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

Mar 12, 2006
    Under the sun
    I'd check ebay or amazon. It also highly depends on your definition of decent specs.
  4. macsrockmysocks macrumors regular

Feb 21, 2006
    Actually the MS-13 are all over my city right now, and it isn't that funny.:eek: . Although the way you used it was funny:p . See, I go to an all boys high school, so we have 2 sister schools. One of the schools that one of my friends goes to, told me something about the MS_13. Their initiation is to eithe rrape or kill one of the girls in their school(it is an all girls school:D ). About the recommendation, go for eBay.

And does anyone have any suggestions for a 14 year old that would be under $2800??