what to buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by scyne, Oct 20, 2003.

1. scyne macrumors newbie

Oct 20, 2003
    hi there, I am looking to be pointed in the right direction...

i am submitting a proposal to the arts council here in scotland to record a solo album, and am keen on buying either a ibook or a powerbook with emagic or some other studio program.

i have a budget of around £2000 and need to hear some ideas on what would be the best combination to get value for money. i am also new on this site so forgive me if i am posting on the wrong forum, but can anyone suggest a website forum where i could talk to ppl in the know or has anyone got any ideas of their own?

2. whocares macrumors 65816

Oct 9, 2002
    I strongly suggest you go for the PBook for two reasons:

1. You have a big enough wallet
    2. If you plan on doing lots of audio work, you'll appreciate the xtra power
    3. More screen real-estate may also be important to you (15" or more screen)

I have an iBook myself, and although it's a great machine for mail, web, word processing, small amount of photoshop, etc... I would feel comfortable using it for heavy duty audio/video stuff.
    This is purely for the computer. Others will most likely know more about other hardware/software you could use.