what to call the new powermac?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Aug 30, 2002.

?

what do we call the new g4 powermac?

1. g4 powermac

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. ddr powermac

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. hannibal

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. steve jobs' shaving mirror

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. other

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

this is not a rumor, just another poll...hehe...i have not put out a poll since kingcobra and i showered everybody with the friggin census some time back...sorry for that, i think the moderator took the rights away for polls for a few days

but this one is legit

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I think it needs to be something interesting and catchy, so that's "PowerMac G4" & "DDR PowerMac" out the window.
    Hannibal? mmmm....perhaps...allthough would you really want a computer nicknamed that? :p
    Steve Jobs' Shaving Mirror is just crazy! :D
    I really can't think of anything, but it does need to be good, like the good old "QuickSilver", what a GREAT name!

3. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

i didn't vote for the shaving mirror thing, but in a couple of years, the only hair steve jobs will have on his head will be his beard

man, since '97, he lost a heck of a lot of hair and his male pattern baldness indicates he will be just another shiny haired ceo in america

maybe that is the secret to great success...be white, male, a little overwieght, and be bald or balding

i have to admit, it was weird back in the old days when the two steves, who looked like a couple of kids i went to high school with (while i was in high school) were running a multi million dollar company...some say steve j acted like a spoiled teen from time to time but he was only 20 or 21 when apple incorporated and started taking off beyond the confines of silicon valley

4. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

quicksilver..featuring hannibal technology ;) lol

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

That's it. Juliana, I'm calling you Mrs. Spam from now on. :D :eek: :p :rolleyes:

I think the PowerMac shall stay PowerMac for as long as need be.

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Of course it will allways be the PowerMac, but I thought we were talking about nick names here, e.g. QuickSilver, SawTooth etc.

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'd like to see another name - hannibal doesn't work for me, but it will probably end up being used since that's apple's name for it. Why would they name it for a psychopathic cannibal? Or is it named after the Carthaginian General who attacked the Roman Empire during the second Punic War, bring elephants through the Alps?

D

8. King Cobra macrumors 603

For a code name: I would like M-Rex for the G5. M meaning PowerMac and Rex in relationship with the T-Rex from long ago.

9. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

hey, only you know my true identity, so don't give me headaches:mad:

10. King Cobra macrumors 603

Considering you created this thread I doubt it was private. :rolleyes:

As for that migraine, take two and call your doctor in the morning. :p

11. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

i still think we should just name is "ugly powermac"

12. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

Not sure about the G4 PM, but the G5 PM needs to be called 'PowerMac Pro' (designed for professional workstation users). Then the G4 PM's need to come down in price so that they will be consumer PowerMacs (for consumers looking for expandibility). ;) :D

13. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I say we call it Hannibal. If it's named after the General then it can mean that Apple will persevere and take MS by surprise. If it's named after Dr. Lector then it could mean Steve Jobs plan on eating Bill Gates alive.

14. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

P58
    P58
    it just rolls off the tounge, rather than HANNABle who would prolly EAY the tounge ;)

15. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

QuickChrome?

ChromiumDreams?

ThroughTheLookingGlass?

16. Spike Spiegel macrumors regular

I think I heard someone refer to it as the Windtunnel G4, but i think that in keeping with the nVidia tradition, we should call it the G5MX, you know, not even close to a G5, but still almost not entirely out of the same ballpark. Sorry, i just hate my Geforce 2MX with a passion that could blot out the sun.