Apple TV What to do after jailbreaking Apple TV 2?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by saintforlife, Feb 26, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2011
    I jailbroke my Apple TV 2 using GreenPois0n and installed XBMC from Nito. That is about the only thing I have done after jailbreaking. Can you guys tell me what else I can do to get the most out of my Apple TV?

What is the best way to stream free movies and videos from the internet to the Apple TV? Can I stream Hulu/Hulu Plus? How about Amazon Video on Demand? How far away is a Safari like browser that you can use on Apple TV? Can a jailbroken ATV2 ever come close to the content offered on Roku/Boxee?

2. macrumors regular

Oct 23, 2006
    Hey there welcome aboard friend!

first off what are you using for hardware?

have you ssh'd into your computer?
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2011
    I just have a windows laptop at home. What is SSH? What kind of functionality does this offer?

If I sound like a noob, its cuz I am one. Take it easy on me.
  4. macrumors regular

May 12, 2010
    Secure SHell. It's a way of getting a command line interface on a remote system (it's a Unix-ey thing, which OSX and iOS are, but windows is not). Basically the terminal window on your local computer is actually running on some remote system. It's a bit like screen sharing, except for a command line interface. If you've never used a command line interface then the importance of this is probably lost on you.