what to do if ibook is not airport-ready?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by emoglitterati, Sep 27, 2004.

1. emoglitterati macrumors newbie

the refurbished ibooks arent Airport-ready, i think they have a 56K modem, and i just want to ask what i should do if i want to install an airport extreme card?

2. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

If your ibook doesn't come w/ the AE slot inside, under the kb, you'll have buy something else for wireless network.

3. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Every iBook ever made in the history of the world is airport ready.

4. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

correct

when it says airport-ready.. it means with the card installed. You just have to buy the Airport card.

5. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

not possible

As above, they never made an iBook that wasn't atleast Airport ( not airport extreme) ready. Even the most basic clam shell iBook had the option of airport. If you have an iBook, then you are able to use airport.

6. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Well... that and plug it in.

7. TLRedhawke macrumors 6502

All G3 iBooks are "Airport Ready", and all G4 iBooks are "Airport Extreme Ready". The slots are different, so you can't use one with the other. You may have a wee bit of difficulty getting an Airport card, however, as Apple has phased them out of retail. Luckily, it is still available as a service part. Just go to your Apple Authorized Service Provider, and order one.