What to do in San Antonio?

Discussion in 'Community' started by cr2sh, Dec 8, 2003.

1. cr2sh macrumors 68030

May 28, 2002
    Ugh.. last week I was in Dallas/FW.. and all I was able to see was Elm Street (At 2am). I worked 99 hours last week.

This week I'm in San Antonio, but its going to be much more relaxed. I'm hoping to get out and see a Spurs game and the Alamo.. but any locals around here can make a suggestion of what else to see?

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

Jan 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Re: What to do in San Antonio?

The Canal is the main resturant/bar/nightclub area, IIRC. I was only down there for a wedding though so don't ask me for directions. ;)

3. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I agree with Lethal the "River Walk" is a great place to visit. It should be a place that the locals can give you directions.
  4. JDar macrumors 6502a

Dec 7, 2003
    While I'm not a native of San Antonio I've visited lots of times--it's a fun place to visit. If you can only do the River Walk you'll see many things. Glad you're planning to see the Alamo. Nearby is the Spanish Governor's Palace, Buckhorn Saloon and Museum, and Sunset Station. LaVilita is an arts and crafts community (along the River Walk as I recall.)

If you have a car there is Sea World and Six Flags. There are several well known and interesting caves to the west and north of town.

The San Antonio Botanical Garden is rather elaborate if you like to visit such.

It's a great town and you should have lots of fun there.
  5. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

Jan 7, 2002
    2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    it's been way too many years since my last s.a. trip but i do remember mi tiera's mexican food as being quite fun...especially at 4:00am.

i do remember seeing a rat the size of a dog down at the riverwalk...right by the hilton.

the best thing about any town in texas is the amazing number of beautiful and friendly women. of course, if you're married like me then it's moot.

remember the alamo.;)