What to do...What to do....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by JasonElise1983, Apr 11, 2005.

1. JasonElise1983 macrumors 6502a

Jun 2, 2003
    Between a rock and a midget
    So, i have a PowerMac G4 QS 933, 1.25Gb RAM, 60+120HD, 64Mb GeForce 4, SD (1-2X).

I was looking into upgrading to a faster processor, as some of you helped me with, but now i'm thinking of selling. I didn't want to sell at first because the computer was a gift, but i'm getting to the point i just don't care. On eBay this computer is going for $900-$1300 which is really inticing, so i had an idea and wanted some advice.

I'm trying to sell a PC as well and am wanting to get about $250 for it, so that gives me about $1500 so i was looking at buying something new, so here it is.

base Mac Mini 1.25Ghz upgraded to SD and self-upgraded to 1Gb RAM &
    base 12" iBook G4 1.2Ghz G4 with combo and 768Mb RAM. After all that i would only owe a little (with EDU discount). Now i've always wanted a desktop because i thought i needed, but if the desktop isn't any faster...is there still a reason to have it. So i also thought about getting a Powerbook 12" with 1.5Ghz G4 and SD with 1Gb RAM for about the same price as the two. I just need some help....please
  2. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

Jan 19, 2005
    I would go with the 12" PB just because it's a pain to switch between computers. The PB is more powerful than the Mac Mini, and if you want a desktop machine, you can just hook it up to the monitor/keyboard you would have used with the Mini. And personally, I see no point in getting a base iBook and Mac Mini at 1.25 ghz since they're virtually the same computer except for the portability issue. I am a PC user at the moment, but I would still go with the PB because it's compact, powerful, and a good deal at the moment.