What to do with G4 Sawtooth case?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by riciad, Apr 16, 2006.

1. riciad macrumors 6502

Here's my problem-

Our heavily upgraded G4 Sawtooth died a while back (hard drive and logic board problems). I purchased a stock Sawtooth off e-bay and transferred all the upgrades into it. It's working perfectly; no problems there.

But what do I do with the gutted case of our original Sawtooth? I don't have the heart to dump it, so I've been wracking my brain trying to think of some way to use it, but haven't come up with anything.

Help me out here or it will probably end up as a permanent fixture on the kitchen table where I did the swops and I'm getting tired of the "Didn't get that computer fixed yet?" comments, especially as they're coming from Windows users who can't comprehend having a sentimental attachment to a computer. (It was my first brand new, shiny, straight-out-of-the-box Mac, all second-hand before.)

All suggestions welcome!

2. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

3. bobscliff macrumors regular

bobscliff

Attached Files:

4. jhu macrumors 6502a

jhu

5. riciad thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the link. I'll have to look and see if I can find more sites like this.

Don't want to spend more money on it, as with just the original 400 Hz processor it wouldn't run any of the programs we mostly use. I'd say the power supply is on its last legs too. All these problems were caused by an underperforming electricity supply which has since been sorted out with an UPS.