Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
twoodcc said:
ok, so what would you do? i'd like to have all the computers write to the same library file and share the same library.
Just manage your library from the iMac, and turn on iTunes sharing. You can't really write to the shared library from the PB, what I do with the Dell is copy any files I want to add to the shared library over to a shared folder using Finder. Then use Remote Desktop Client to control the Dell remotely and add the file to the main iTunes library on the Dell. You also need to keep iTunes running.

B

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
balamw said:
Just manage your library from the iMac, and turn on iTunes sharing. You can't really write to the shared library from the PB, what I do with the Dell is copy any files I want to add to the shared library over to a shared folder using Finder. Then use Remote Desktop Client to control the Dell remotely and add the file to the main iTunes library on the Dell. You also need to keep iTunes running.

B

oh ok. well i wanted to be able to write to it with the pb as well if i could. i think i found something on google about allowing users of the same computer to write to the file. i'm trying to figure it out. thanks for the tips

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.